“The Cath Kidston of cafés in Carlisle!”

I Love Cafe Carlisle
Ranked #89 of 367 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

What a true fresh of breath air in Carlisle! We went and hogged a table with a group of friends from work for a few hours on a sat afternoon and couldn't fault it.

Sophie the owner was welcoming and suitably quirky, the vintage surroundings rendered us in a timeless-era where time stopped and you could really unwind, enjoy good company and not put dollars in the back pockets of the corporate cafe-giants!

Fabulous, welcoming, tasty home made food what an utter indulgence and we will be back!

Wish I could hire this place for an event x

2  Thank blissfultranquility

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Gorgeous little cafe in the heart of Carlisle

Staff are very friendly.

All homemade goods.

would highly recommend, especially the hot chocolates. Please try one if you visit here and add caramel sauce to perfect it!!

Will definitely visit again

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Finally a cafe that just is what it says on the tin! This tiny cafe is not trying to be anything other than what it is, a friendly relaxed quirky little coffe shop good music, great cakes , really really nice coffee, tea pots, crystal milk jugs and china cups . Friendly non snobby service in a happy interesting little place. Come on people show some support for an independent cafe serving up the goods. We were there this morning , quite hidden but worth the hunt. Freshly made cakes. The ladies who work there made us feel welcome and unhurried. Excellent we will be back!

Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

I visted recently with my two daughters. It was after the lunch time rush on Tuesday. We each wanted tea and a fruit scone however we were told that the scones had all sold out during the course of the morning. The few remaining scones were cheese and were out on a stand uncovered! The young waitress suggested toasted tea cakes instead, which we had, but they obviously weren't home made. My eldest daughter is a waitress, her biggest bug bear is when food and drinks are served in drips and drabs as did our order. We moved ouside to eat as there was a wasp inside the cafe flying about and my youngest has a fear of them. On a positve note. I liked the quirkyness the odd tables and mis matched crockery and the music was very good. The waitress also checked that we were okay and she didn't rush us to leave. Perhaps our visit was a blip, so we will give it another go at some point in the future.

1  Thank Gillybt
Reviewed 27 August 2013

A hidden gem, just off Treasury Court.
As a customer you are welcomed into the Alice in Wonderland themed, shabby chic cafe, as though you are a long lost friend. Delightufully decorated with quirky twists, fresh flowers in ornate jars, antique books for kids to read, cute,hand-made jewellery and local artists work , available to purchase. They even have an antique till!
Best for milkshakes, ice cream sundaes, scones and home-made cakes, tray bakes and soup. Gluten free cakes and bread also available and milk alternatives.
I visit here with my young daughter, who is always made to feel welcome and with friends and family.
The cafe do have limited space as the cafe is very small but there is a lovely seating area outside and on a sunny day, Treasury Court is a real sun trap.
Available to hire out the entire cafe for private use.
There is a really lovely vibe in the cafe and I would stongly recommend a visit.
Well done Sophie and the girls. x