“Fantastic!”

Anazao Tearoom
Ranked #4 of 371 Restaurants in Carlisle
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Anazao specialises in Traditional Afternoon Teas with choices of sandwiches, cakes and tray bakes. We have a choice of artisan teas straight from the importers/blenders and delicious coffees. We have a morning coffee and lunch menu with a selection of delicious scones, quiches, salads, soups and baked potatoes. The atmosphere is warm friendly with an old fashion quaintness close to rail and bus links with a car park near and limited on street parking. Booking is advised but not essential.
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I have OCD so going to a tearoom is a big thing for me! I have been here a few times and every time has been great! I have had no issues surrounding my OCD whatsoever! It's lovely and clean the staff and ambience are always very welcoming. I have also witnessed the owner run to help people downstairs with children. Highly recommended! Keep up the fantastic work! X

1  Thank Dettolmel

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Visited with my mum as it had been highly recommended by so many! we were not disappointed, we were immediately made to feel welcome by all the staff, great selection of quality homemade food which we could see being prepared! Our lunch was delicious and the carrot cake was the best we have had....and we have tasted many. lovely experience, will be back soon...... Thank you :-)

1  Thank coulthard1
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We decided to venture after a previous visit which was lovely very welcoming by the staff and the food was delicious, we had decided on afternoon as our previous visit, I'm heavily pregnant and not getting very far where as here u can park outside, we wanted to use my taste card which I pay yearly for, but when we arrived we were told quite rudely that she wouldn't normally seat us unless we had booked (we had tried previously but no answer) plus if we wanted to stay we could only choose option 1 or 2 on the afternoon menu, option 3 and 4 is more expensive which we didn't mind paying the extra, plus bearing in mind I have a taste card which I pay 79.99 a year so this cafe had entered into it, nothing in the terms and conditions on what day you could use it or what your limited to actually order, the staff had previously been very polite but today the owner was very rude to the point of embarrassing I was very shocked actually as to how she behaved towards us and we decided to leave with out anything ordered or my 5 year old even taking a seat !!!!

23  Thank lozmonster
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Beautiful surroundings, amazing food and service and brilliant staff. I had accidentally mentioned upon booking that it was my birthday. Yet when I arrived i had a birthday banner and a cake, the staff even came and sang to me!

A wonderful experience!

1  Thank BlytheFamily2011
Reviewed 12 May 2014

A tearoom with a lovely friendly atmosphere and first class food. We went at lunchtime and had the 'Yummy' option which consisted of sandwiches, scone (with cream and jam of course) and cake. The food was fresh and delicious and represented really good value at £8:50 per head. The service is quick but unobtrusive, we were able to take our time and enjoy a good chinwag without feeling that anyone wanted us to hurry on (not always the case in my experience). We have had afternoon tea at the celebrated 'Sharrow Bay' but all agreed that the Anazao experience was better.

1  Thank Kate W