“lovely tea room” 5 of 5 bubbles

Anazao Tearoom and Gallery
Ranked #1 of 19 Coffee & Tea in Carlisle
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Anazao specialists in Afternoon Teas with choices of sandwiches, cakes and tray bakes. We have a choice of fifteen different artisan teas straight from the importers/blenders and delicious coffees. Our morning coffee and lunch menu with a selection of quiches, salads, soup of the day and baked potatoes. The atmosphere is warm friendly with an old fashion quaintness in the cellar of a Victorian town house close to rail and bus links with a car park near and on street limited parking.
cumbria
“lovely tea room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Please make a visit to this lovely tea room , very welcoming with a nice frIendly atmosphere.
Having used my taste card at various eateries it wasn't a problem here but as advised with a taste card pre booking is essential.
A nice choice of sandwiches and cakes served on lovely china, if you are a fan of tea rooms then
you will enjoy this one.

2 Thank glaramara

Lockerbie, United Kingdom
“Afternoon tea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had a lovely afternoon for my friend's 40th. The arrangements were made and each of us arrived and were impressed by the venue-very quaint. The table was set beautifully with lovely cups and saucers. Cakes looked lovely on tiered stands and all looked great. A fairly large group and the staff looked after us well. All the cakes, quiche and sandwiches were delicious and others commented on how good the coffee tasted as I'm a tea drinker which was good. My afternoon was made better by the relaxed atmosphere and we hope to return with our little girls asap for a truly different experience.

Lochmaben
“Traditional and tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Visited Anazao Tearoom as a member of a group of about 15 people and unfortunately I arrived late, but it was no trouble for the staff to pack up my pre-ordered afternoon tea for me to take away. This was no ordinary "doggy bag" and could not be termed anything so inelegant. The finger sandwiches were well-filled and tasty. Sausage pin wheels were melt in the mouth. Chocolate and coffee cakes were presented beautifully and were the perfect balance of light and moist. The selection of scones (cheese, blueberry and fruit) were fresh, light and buttery. These goodies were all packed carefully into plastic boxes as if they were to be revered and respected and indeed the cakes were so pretty it was almost a shame to eat them (but I defy anyone to have resisted!). Other members of the party I was with said that this attention to detail was the same with regards to the presentation of the teas and coffees and the tables were set beautifully.

There were tables and chairs outside for about 4 people, and there was parking close by. There are stairs to go down into the restaurant (which is surprisingly light and airy, considering it is a basement, but the dainty décor counteracts this) but there is a sign which says that staff are happy to help those with prams to descend. I can't comment on whether the restaurant delivers as I don't know.

Fleetwood, United Kingdom
“Special treat.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We've had two wonderful visits to the Anazao. It is a very friendly, welcoming place, and the food is delicious. I definitely recommend the cheese pie, which was delicious, and the afternoon teas are just wonderful. It's my favourite type of place, with such a wonderful choice of cakes and treats and plenty of coffee! The surprise birthday cake and 'Happy Birthday wishes' for our seven year old made our first visit very special and we couldn't wait to go back again. Would definitely recommend it to others.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Anne J
Cumbria
“Perfect Birthday Treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

How have I never heard of this place before, its fantastic. I stumbled across it one day and knew I had to visit. So I met my friend here for a birthday lunch. I loved it as soon as I walked in. Its is beautifully decorated, with lots of artwork on the walls. My friend who is American, nearly burst with excitement at the traditional English tea room, with china tea services. We had a delicious homemade lunch, then had chocolate cake for afters with plenty of top ups of tea. It is obviously very popular as there were people coming and going, some for lunch like us others just for a quiet half an hour. Was a perfect birthday treat for my friend.