“Fantastic food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Thirsty One
Price range: US$6 - US$7
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Located in Carlisle's historic core, Thirsty One is a Licensed Cafe Bar serving fresh homemade food daily. We also have a selection of drinks to quench your thirst from a hot coffee or a cold beer to a fruit juice served in a frosted glass. Opposite the Cathedral, on the same street as Tullie House Museum and with a view of the Castle from our outdoor seating, Thirsty One is ideally located for tourists and locals enjoying the most tranquil area of our Great Border City. Expect: Value for money, Local Produce, Great Coffee, Homemade Fresh Food, Tasty Cocktails, Relaxed Atmosphere, Excellent Customer Service, Food & Drink Deals, Outdoor Seating, Child Friendly, Local Tourism Knowledge & Good Music!!! But don't take our word for it, come and check out Thirsty One for yourself!!!
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Had lunch here yesterday May 21st. with a very good friend. She has eaten here quite a bit and has frequented on a night for cocktails. This was my first visit. I had a chicken fajitas wrap which was the tastiest, and a sprite. The glass was so cold on such a warm day. Adelightful extra. No problem getting a seat and the staff were so friendly. The service was fast and efficient. Excellent value for the money too. Can't wait to go back. And very much looking forward to heading here for a cocktail on my next night out.

• Visited May 2014

Carlisle, United Kingdom
“First visit will definately be back.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

My family and I had lunch in the Thirsty one today we were greeted by a friendly member of staff when we walked in,we all had different food and have to say it was fantastic,the prices are very reasonable and there was a good choice of things to eat and drink.We all thought it had a nice chilled atmosphere and it was spotless.We will definitely be back to try the homemade scones which I spotted when we were paying the bill.The staff were all very pleasant and we had great service.

Visited May 2014
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
“Busy Carlisle cafe bar (family friendly)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

We really like it here and it is invariably full or fairly busy on a weekend lunch time (when we would most likely visit if in Carlisle). The food is reasonably priced, the menu varied and it is family/child friendly. The menu caters perfectly for both our fussy child and our more adventurous one. The sign of a good place to us is if the staff are willing to do their best and where possible adapt things on the menu to suit individuals. They do things like panninis, nachos and various ever changing specials.

I can't understand some of the negative reviews on here particularly about the staff. On a negative note I agree with one reviewer that the coffee here is nothing to write home about unlike 'Whytes' and this definitely could be improved upon so we avoid this. But overall we have never had a problem here, all the staff have always been lovely to us but then we are polite, friendly and our children are usually well mannered and well behaved in public (most of the time).

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Penrith, United Kingdom
“Excellent food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

I've visited here on number of occasions now and couldn't fault it in anyway. Every time I visit Carlisle I visit this gem of a café.
The menu is 'right up my street' and generous portion sizes. And the fact they serve Vimto, tops it off for me!
I recently visited here with my other half, who can be a fussy eater but we both chose to have Panini's and ordered a side order of nachos, which came with sour cream, guacamole, salsa and beans, highly recommended!! My other half loved it and will definitely be back!
Oh and not to forget, very reasonably priced.

• Visited April 2014
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Average lunch, terrible service and cold atmosphere”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I visited this cafe last week with my partner and our young son. I enjoyed my baguette yet the menu was rather average. I could have looked past this and enjoyed our family lunch had the staff not been so rude. The waitress who served us had an awful attitude and even rolled her eyes when my partner queried some ingredients due to his nut allergy. Furthermore, once our food was delivered, we recieved no extra service, and could hear the waitresses gossiping behind the glass panel into the bar for our entire visit instead. Shame they couldn't have been respectful and attentive- manners don't cost!

• Visited April 2014