“Good Local Concert Venue”
Review of The Sands Centre

The Sands Centre
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Carlisle
107 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Good Local Concert Venue”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We have been here a few times, mainly for standing events, its ok, but when the seating is in its a very nice small to medium sized arena, good easy access, toilets and bar on hand and its own car park to boot. Very efficient booking and the staff are great.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“lots of variety”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The Sands Centre as lots of variety from the Gym dancing racquet ball to concerts.

The best concert I recently attended was The Australian Pink Floyd the group were amazing.

My only complaint is the background music in the gym, it is always playing Radio 1 what about Radio 2 for the more mature members ?

Carlisle, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“What a dump!”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I know a lot of people won't agree with me when I say this place is an outdated dump, but in my opinion it was rubbish. The fold out seating arrangements remind me of my high school hall and the style of the place looks as if it was outdated two weeks after it was built. My advice? Knock it down and use the space to build something classy and functional that someone other than 3rd rate comedians and comeback singers would enjoy playing at.

3 Thank James B
Appleby in Westmoreland
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“THE SANDS CENTRE CARLISLE”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We went to see Fascinating Aida, at the Sands Centre on Friday the 14th February, the evening was a joy seeing the three ladies a thoroughly enjoyable evening as far as Fascinating Aida was concerned. But we feel that Carlisle needs a proper Theatre as The Sands Centre as a venue is extremely poor, the whole ambience of this venue is absolutely atrocious, they allow folk to take drinks into the theatre, plastic containers everywhere. have been to a few concerts there but will not be going again. place is awful.
Come on CARLISLE Give us a proper theatre, not this dump of a place, Acoustics are dreadful, seating is uncomfortable, awful place

1 Thank MalcolmPG
Dumfries, United Kingdom
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Fantastic show in fantastic surroundings”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I recently went to the Sands Centre in Carlisle to see their production of Esscence of Ireland and had a really good time

Visited November 2013