“Great value and location”

Warwick Lodge Guest House
Ranked #6 of 61 Carlisle B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 May 2014

A warm and friendly hello greeted us on our arrival,Caron is a great host,.The rooms were big and airy with very comfortable and clean beds and brilliant shower.
Breakfast was just what the doctor ordered , tastey and cooked to a tee,the location was ideal , 10 mins from the town centre,we will staying here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Martin C

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I was in WLGH in the summer of '13 with 2 trekking friends, 2 years after staying there with my wife in 2011. I chose to return to the comfortable, welcoming, convenient, relaxing b&b with a great breakfast. I felt well taken care of after a long journey from NYC,via Manchester, to Carlisle. It was the perfect location for a b&b in a busy small city…quiet and relaxed, but not far from the action. In the end I felt like Mary and Nick were friends, both personable and attentive to our needs. Thanks guys, for being there. See you next time I'm in Carlisle.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robert T
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I stayed here last with my mum as I had an job interview at the near by hospital. The moment we arrived we were made to feel right at home by Mary and Nick. They are so welcoming and throughout our stay there was nothing that was too much trouble for them! Checking in was very smooth and Mary showed us to our room, a beautiful twin with a large bay window. It really was perfect! The cleanliness was flawless and the facilities were perfect, tea, coffee, hot chocolates and biscuits, just what we needed after our long drive up! The location was ideal, just 2 minutes from the centre, and Mary suggested an Italian restaurant for our evening meal which was lovely. The bed itself was so comfy I found it very hard to get out of bed the next morning! There was minimal noise from the street below so I had a very restful sleep, which was well needed as my interview was the next day! Breakfast was out of this world! It really was the best full English I have ever had, I didn't want it to end! As I wanted to do some last minute preparations for my interview, we requested a late check out which Mary was extremely accommodating and allowed us to stay in our room with no rush to check out. Before coming to Carlisle we looked at travel lodge as an option, however in corporate places like this there are always extra charges for things like wifi and late check outs which is why I feel we made the best decision choosing this place as we were made to feel like we were right at home with Mary and Nick and never just another customer with no name like the large chains. We really can't thank you enough for making our stay so lovely! I will definitely be returning and recommending this hotel. If you are going to Carlisle choose this place, it really is the best! Thank you Mary and Nick!

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Aimichamp298
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Very friendly greeting and throughout our stay. We stayed in a double room which had all the necessary facilities and felt very homely. The breakfast had high quality local ingredients (we should know as we only live 45 miles away) and was the best we have ever had (we both had full English but the menu catered for all tastes). It is located close to the city centre which was one of the reasons we chose it, as we came by train and didn't have far to walk. we will certainly return

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank billee011
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I must say, what a friendly welcome & stay I had for the two nights I had at the Warwick Lodge B&B, the single room was very clean & snug, home from home, made very welcome by the hosts & I must say, the BEST English breakfast I have ever had at all the B&B's ive ever stayed at. Easy to find, easy to park up & just a stones throw from the city centre & a local public house which did a cracking evening meal. If your working away from home & need a good place to stay, this is it, 1st class.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank England_8
Reviewed 19 September 2013

A 2nd time to Warwick Lodge and it is still a great place to stop. Different room (at the top) very comfortable and spacious. In the morning a wonderful breakfast. If you need a place to stay in Carlisle this is it!

Room Tip: Have had 2 different rooms so far and both excellent so would expect a good standard throughout
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank notjindivik
Reviewed 27 August 2013

When Mary and Nick welcome you into their spotless guest house it is like being greeted by your favourite aunt and uncle. Warwick Lodge is home-from-home even when you arrive tired, hungry, a bit grumpy and with muddy boots! The room was comfortable and well appointed (great bed, plenty of space, windows that open, wi-fi, tea, biscuits, good towels), shower is one of the most powerful we've ever used (it was bliss!) and the breakfast superb (the tomato and cheese omelette was cooked to perfection and Mary even shared her cooking secret) - in fact I'd say it was the best breakfast on our walk. There are plenty of restaurants less than 5 minutes walk up the road - we went to the Greek one, which was faultless, as recommended by Mary and Nick. These two could write the book on how to run a bed and breakfast!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple