The Premier Inn Carlisle Central was our first experience in staying in a Premier Inn and I was very impressed as I really didn't know what to expect from this chain. The highlight of this Hotel would have to be the lovely Receptionist whose name I unfortunately do not know but it was either Irish or Welsh in origin and not a name I have come across before. She was very cheerful and greeted us every time we passed by Reception. Our room was very quiet and comfortable. We opted to do a Breakfast and Dinner package when we arrived but I would recommend not eating at the Brewers Fayre Restaurant attached to the Hotel. It took an hour and 15 mins for us to receive our meals and we believe that one of our meals was cooked and placed in a warmer while our other meal was cooked. This resulted in a very rubbery steak. The entire time we were there children were running through the restaurant (quite a few of them coughing) and were also running through the buffet area barefoot. On one occasion one child nearly ran into a waiter. There was also a bin overflowing onto the floor near the counter area and the staff were constantly walking past the rubbish and not doing anything about it. We had children with us but it wasn't hard to keep them entertained at the table! I'm not sure how much of a close connection the Premier Inn has with the Brewers Fayre so I would probably not let my comments influence you to not stay at the Premier Inn, but rather that you decline eating in the Brewers Fayre Restaurant while there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Why limit yourself to exploring just one country, when you can discover some fantastic destinations in two? Located on the border of England and Scotland, the Premier Inn Hotel Carlisle Central is the ideal base to explore all the attractions just waiting for you nearby. Start the day picking up some cool brands at Lanes Shopping Centre, or hotfoot it to the fascinating 900-year-old Carlisle Castle. Catch an exhibition at the Tullie House museum, a beautiful Jacobean building. Or throw your net a bit further to visit Hadrian's Wall. Then come back to Carlisle and enjoy a meal in our Brewers Fayre restaurant, plus a lovely comfy bed in your room. Important info: This hotel is situated next to a main road. Bedrooms are insulated to minimise noise. Directions: Situated on Warwick Road. Approx 1/2 mile from M6(J43) on A69. Next to the Lakeland Gate Brewers Fayre Transport and local information: Hadrian's Wall Centre Historic Site The Lanes Shopping Carlisle Train Station 1 mile ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Carlisle Central Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Carlisle Central Hotel Carlisle
- Premier Inn Carlisle Central Hotel Cumbria