“Mid week break”

Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Carlisle
Stoke-on-trent, United Kingdom
“Mid week break”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We checked in here at the last minute you know just what you are getting with premier inns although there was a strange irritating clicking going on all night that kept me awake most of the night
When we checked out I informed them of the problem and with no trouble they gave me a full refund this would not stop me from staying again had we been in a b&b we would of just got an apology

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Guest-3210, Manager at Premier Inn Carlisle Central North Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Carlisle Central North Premier Inn. I am sorry to hear you experienced problems with the heater in your room, this is certainly not the standard we aim for and I will ensure your feedback is passed on. I am pleased to hear the team were quick to find a resolve to this problem for you and I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Stoke-on-Trent
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel. We checked in on line so it took a couple of minutes to get the room key. We had dinner at the adjoining pub restaurant. Food and service was of good quality and reasonable value. The staff there were very friendly and atmosphere good.
Our night in the room was not so good however. There was a clicking from an electrical box which kept waking us. I discovered the following that it was from the heating thermostat.
I complained the following morning and the receptionist apologised. She also refunded our night's stay.
We didn't have breakfast there. It's poor value for money. Probably OK if you claim expenses from your company.
There is a McDonald's and Morrison's a couple of minutes drive away.
I would recommend for a stay if the noise in the room was sorted

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Guest-3210, Manager at Premier Inn Carlisle Central North Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review of your stay with us here at Carlisle Central North Premier Inn. It is our main priority to ensure you have a great night's sleep and I must apologise that on this occasion this was not the case. I will certainly ensure the issue with the thermostat has been investigated by our maintenance team. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your evening meal in the adjoining restaurant and that the team looked after you well. Thank you again for your review, we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn soon.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

For a stopover on the way back from Mull, things didn’t start too well!
We went to the wrong Premier Inn, at M6 jtn 42, to be told “this often happens cos the other one is only half a mile down the road and the same post code area”. Our check-in at the correct venue was efficient, but on asking about booking a table for a meal at the Flaming Grill we were told that “they don’t take bookings, and it gets very busy on a Friday night so I would come down fairly early”!
Our room was clean and fresh, but the bathroom was in need of some TLC!
Thinking about the Receptionists advice on a meal, we went down to the Flaming Grill about 7:15. What she didn’t tell us was that it encompassed a ‘Sports Bar’ and England were about to KO against Peru! 2 Big Screens, commentary turned up full blast, hardly a table to be had. When we were offered one under a pair of the speakers, we decided to opt for a quick meal and back to the room. We were then told that the wait for food would be 30mins, the beer was rank, and when the food did come (20mins) it was awful!
The breakfast next morning was chaos, had to wait for coffee cups, milk, and bread to toast, and the table with everything on it was positioned in the narrowest part of the room right where the door to the kitchen was, and where people were queuing to be found a table.
If you use this Premier Inn sort out somewhere else to eat before you arrive, and skip breakfast!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback of your recent stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the experience you had in the adjoining restaurant, this is certainly not the standard we aim for and I will pass on your comments to the management team of the Flaming Grill. If you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me on operationsmanager.carlislecentralnorth@whitbread.com.

Southend-on-sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The most uncomfortable beds going and no money back guarantee. When we informed reception that didnt seem too bothered. We had stayed at this hotel 4 years ago and had the same problem, cant believe the beds havent been changed in 4 years. Also they have had to cut a piece out the toilet door so it could pass the toilet and close

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I must apologise that you did not have a comfortable stay with us, this is certainly not the standard we aim for with Premier Inn. We are expecting our new beds to be delivered later this month, and are addressing the issue we have with our bathroom doors. I am sorry that the reception team did not offer you a resolution under our Good Night Guarantee. Please contact me on operationsmanager.carlislecentralnorth@whitbread.com, as I would like to ensure we resolve this for you and are able to welcome you back to stay with us in the future.

Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here as a stop over before going to center parcs and was a great idea. Staff were friendly room was clean and comfortable and the attached pub restaurant was great if need to do a stop over round there again would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review of your recent stay with at Carlisle Central North Premier Inn. It's great to hear our team were so welcoming and you found your room to be of the high standard we aim for. I am pleased you enjoyed your meal in the adjoining restaurant and will certainly pass on your kind comments to their team. I hope you and your family enjoyed your break at Center Parcs and look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Room 115 the bed is awfull two singles put together.... Horrible to sleep inn. Sort this our premier inn please I use premier inn a lot the best one so far in Carlisle is jct 44 very nice... So next time I'm staying then next when I stay up here again ..

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Guest-3210, Manager at Premier Inn Carlisle Central North Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay with us. Please accept my apologies that you did not have a comfortable nights sleep, this is certainly not the standard we aim for with Premier Inn. Please be assured your comments will be investigated. If you would like to discuss this issue with me further please do not hesitate to contact me on operationsmanager.carlislecentralnorth@whitbread.com.

Lancashire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This hotel met Premier Inn's normal high standards. The room was quiet and it was good to see that guests are now reminded to reduce noise.
Adjacent Flaming Grill pub provided an excellent steak, real ale and a great price.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us at Carlisle Central North Premier Inn. I am pleased to hear you found our rooms to be of the high standard we aim for with Premier Inn and that you enjoyed your meal in the adjoining restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again on your next visit to Carlisle.