“Pretty good stay”

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Carlisle
yorkshire
“Pretty good stay”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We have stayed here before. The rooms are basic but very clean and neat. The staff are very good and pleasent. They wish to make your stay enjoyable. The food is excellent. This is were we usualy stay on our trips to and from Scotland.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We visit the Junction 42 Premier Inn regularly on our way up to Edinburgh and have always found the staff excellent and the rooms clean and had a good night sleep. Last weekend I was impressed with the new room upgrades, having seen some prototypes when staying in London. The wardrobe has more features including a lighted make up mirror and the TV is now on the wall and easier to watch and control from the bed. There was also a fan in case of warm weather but due to the continuing wet summer, it was not needed on this stay. The cleanliness and quality of the room was much better than the Holiday Inn we stayed in the next night. It seems Premier Inn have really got the hang of regular maintenance at this and many other of their properties.

We had breakfast at the Table Table next door and the cooked breakfast wasn't up to their usual standard however there is plenty of choice from the continental range including crumpets.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper and don't want to hear people in the corridor then ask for one of the...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Edinburgh
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Having never stayed at Premier Inn before, i was completely surprised and delighted with the experience. From the initial warm welcome, freindly staff, clean comforatable and modern room everything was nearly perfect. Only small critisism was it was a very hot night outside and had difficulty get room to cool down. Would definately stay again, and would look at as a first choice. Breakfast was great too, wide range of food and very good.

kent
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Really good PI with excellent service, great staff and delicious food.Fantastic value. We stayed here on the way to Scotland and it was very convenient for the M6. Easy to find and easy parking, check in was a breeze with a really cheerful and helpful lady.The rooms are lovely,clean and modern and so clean. We found the food really good and excellent value.

Room Tip: rooms close to reception are often the most noisy (although we didn't notice it here)
Midlands,UK
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I travel all over the UK for my business and often have to spend the night away between appointments.

I have tried Travelodge in the past but they are a disaster. To cut a long story short (see my reviews for full story) Travelodge are in my opinion a dishonest company who abuse their customers, have run down shoddy 'doss houses' and tell lies on public forums. Their reservations are worthless, they will shunt your booking to another lodge if they can sell your prepaid, reserved room to another 'walk in' customer rather than risk the 'walk in' customer not wanting to go to the other lodge - disgraceful!!! They lied when they said they would refund my money. They hide this sharp practice in their T&Cs. Thankfully PremierInn tell me they never do this, so I can drive to a PremierInn knowing my room is there waiting for me.

I decided on this PremierInn as it was closest to my appointment the next morning. It is very nice indeed and seems to be up to the latest PremierInn spec - very nice fixtures, comfy bed and a better TV than I have at home! Both members of staff that I met very friendly and keen that I had a good stay - it seems that PremierInn always manage to recruit nice people in my experience.

I decided against using the establishment next door for my evening meal on the strength of previous reviews and ate elsewhere before I arrived. I also decided against having breakfast there. (I had breakfast at Tesco just off the M6 J43 - ok, a bit basic but I've been there before, the staff are excellent and the food has always been fresh and tasty.)

I'd happily use this PremierInn again and recommend it to family and friends. I might even risk using the pub if I saw lots of good reviews to indicate things had improved.

Room Tip: A room facing away from the pub to avoid cooking smells. I had such a room and it was also shielded...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Scotland
Reviewed 29 July 2012

stopped off for one night to break up a long journey & it was very nice. very clean & comfy beds although one of the kids 'made up' beds was very hard. lovely staff & very peaceful. We had actually stayed at Dunblane Hydro night before & we all prefered the Premier INn. Ate in restaurant next door & food was pretty dire, burnt burgers & horrible ribs but the staff there were great (apart from the chef obviously) I would stay again but not eat there.

Penrith, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We stay at this Premier Inn fairly regularly as we have family in the area. The staff are very courteous and friendly and do their utmost to ensure that we enjoy our stay. The rooms are very clean and modern and have all you could wish for in a budget hotel. It is in a good location for the M6 motorway. The food in the adjoining table table is very good with a wide selection to choose from. We have already booked our next stay!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple