“Great value and service”

Premier Inn Carlisle (M6 Jct42) Hotel
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Carlisle
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed here for one night between Christmas and New Year. The hotel was very busy but all the staff were cheerful and friendly. The room was a good size, very clean, comfortable and not too hot. Breakfast was cooked to order, much better than a buffet cooked breakfast. Our stay has changed our view of Premier Inns.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Carlisle (M6 Jct42) Hotel

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Hotel was well presented and rooms were adequate for a couple.

Excellent range of breakfast options. Staff all very helpful and attentive.

Often stop off on way from Manchester to Scotland so will absolutely use this hotel again as its just located off the M6.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Booked this room after seeing the £29 offer. It was fantastic value for money. The room and bathroom, although basic, were spotless, comfortable and modern. It was only a few minutes drive into Carlisle Centre. We ate in the Table Table pub restaurant at the side of the Premier and it was great not having to drive back or get a taxi.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 November 2013

From the moment we arrived to the time we left, we could not fault anything with our stay at Premier Inn. At first I was a bit sceptical about staying at Premier Inn did not think it would be good value for money, but after staying I am a reformed person. The restaurant where breakfast was served, the head waiter provided outstanding customer service. We checked out in a hurry as we had to get to my graduation ceremony and we accidentally left our iron. The lovely lady at reception phoned us 30 minutes after we had left and informed us of this. She was going to duty but she informed the next person on duty that we would be back later on to collect our expensive iron.Overall outstanding customer service and a very comftable stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Went for a bar meal, place was quiet seated and served immediately, very helpful waiter, went through all the specials and deals, food was good not great, steak cooked as ordered! other dishes were all good, not sure we would go back without a voucher offer again, we now have a booklet and a points card for more offers :-), I would say this is on a par with other similar establishments but certainly not worth the extra money it would have cost without the voucher offer

Room Tip: Although we didn't stay it is right on junction 42 if you are travelling M6
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Of half-a-dozen Premier Inns we've stayed at, including two others in Carlisle, this was far and away the friendliest, best equipped and most efficiently run.

These comments also apply to the restaurant despite it's limitations viz-a-viz healthy menu options (eg fresh green vegetables).

Twist my arm for a negative I'd say the bed was a little on the firm side, though this may just be personal preference.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Picked this hotel because of the high rating and the fact it has a Table Table restaurant which are better than the average restaurants you get attached to Premier Inns.

Staff in the hotel were very helpful and friendly. Always get a greeting / smile when you walk through.

This hotel is a victim of it's own success. Because it was very busy when I stayed, this meant most the rooms were occupied. This meant on all three nights I was there I had disturbed sleep due to other guests banging / creaking about. If the hotel was of a more solid construction, you wouldn't hear this, but it's not, so you do.

The room was fine (apart from the noise). The room was clean, though there was something on the floor which was there before I got there and was there for the duration of my visit (3 nights). Nothing horrible, it was either a Revel (raisin) or a pebble. Didn't move the whole time. Made sure I said bye to it when I left!

Location is good for the motorway, though bit of a trek for anything else. Approx 4 miles into Carlisle. Parking was okay but not brilliant.

Food in the Table Table was excellent, the staff very good, but the service was very slow. Waited more than half an hour for my starter which seems forever when you're sat on your own (billy no mates in town on Business).

Never been to Carlisle before - I liked the town - lot of character.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Julie L, Premier Inn Team Leader at Premier Inn Carlisle (M6 Jct42) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel.

As you mentioned we are a busy site so most rooms during the summer months are occupied, I do apologise that you did not have a peaceful nights sleep for the 3 nights you stayed at the hotel. If you should decide to stay at the hotel again please do not hesitate to call the site in advance on 0871 527 8206 and we can allocate you a quiet room on the top floor at the end of the corridor. We also have a 24 hour manned reception desk for any problems or queries during a guests stay. I am very sorry to hear that the housekeeping missed something on the floor. We take all cleanliness issues very seriously and I will pass your comments onto the Head Housekeeper to ensure this does not happen again.
I am pleased you enjoyed the food in the Border Gate next door and I will pass on your comments about the slow service to the General Manager so he can rectify this issue. Your feedback is very important to us and all your comments are taken very seriously. Should you wish to discuss anything further please contact me on the telephone number listed above and I would be happy to help.

I hope you give us a second chance to welcome you back to Carlisle M6J42 Premier Inn for any future stays in Carlisle.

Kind regards,