“Welcoming & Warm with just the right amount of Atmosphere!”
Review of Dalston Hall Hotel

Dalston Hall Hotel
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Carlisle
Reviewed 11 October 2009

My husband arranged our night here last minute so I didn't have any expectations prior to arriving. After driving through wild wind and rain we found the staff to be extremely welcoming and after quickly setting in we made ourselves comfortable in front of the roaring log fire in the bar area. We were invited to have a quick look round the hotel before dinner and I just fell in love with it. The owners were happy to talk us through the history of the place and both my husband and I felt very much at home there. My steak was honestly to die for and our bed room was warm and comfortable and with a lovely view. The surrounding village is pretty and the area is lovely if you're into walking. All in all - I would definately recommend this hotel and it must make a perfect venue for weddings. I've recommended it to everyone and I look forward to going back there to stay again.

There are newer reviews for Dalston Hall Hotel

Reviewed 10 October 2009

We stayed here for 1 night on the way up to Scotland.
We were one of 2 guests that evening, but it was well booked up from the next day on.
We booked a breakfast deal - and breakfast was done perfectly. But the treat was staying for dinner. We both would like to return again it was that good, and normally we never go anywhere twice!
So thank you to the manager and his team, we had a fabulous stay.

p.s. If I lived up here I'd consider it a fabulous wedding venue.

Reviewed 9 October 2009

A beautiful building, full of character and quirkiness.
Staff all helpful and friendly, as you would expect from a family run business, owner quite a character........nice guy.
Food excellent, fine dining.
Room quirky we opted for the Tower and it was brilliant, can't wait to see what the owner does with it when it is refurbished.
Quiet and relaxing...perfect for what we wanted.

Reviewed 26 August 2009

the staff at Dalston Hall made my daughter Corinne & Pauls wedding day so special,the surroundings were magnificent,the food excellent,the firework display was breathtaking,a brilliant time was had by all,I would recommend Dalston Hall for a wedding venue,It was a magical day

• Stayed: August 2009
1  Thank mummylove
Reviewed 18 August 2009

Just returned from an overnight (Monday) stay whilst visiting the (very) nearby Lake District.
A very well appointed building, easy to find and only 5 mins from Carlisle,
We turned out to be the only ones there (!) but the staff were welcoming and helpful- offering to keep the kitchen open if we wanted dinner.. (we let the cook have the night off and ate in nearby Carlisle)
The Hall itself is a lovely building, with care and attention spent on it.
The Reception was unmanned as written below- but they were soon to answer us.
The room (5) was large, very well maintained and had a very nice view overlooking the garden and gazebo. Large, modern bathroom, with huge shower and eco friendly lights and water,. Very nice bedding, comfortable beds and flat screen TV should you require it. The hotel is set in a listed building, so don't expect modern, Ikea furniture and wifi. If you want a baronial hall, suits of armour, leather seats and atmosphere- this is for you. Although very quiet- this did not spoil the stay- and an excellent breakfast was served for us the next morning. If you require food, drinks etc and they are quiet- make sure you tell them in advance and they will oblige. NO COFFEE MAKING FACILITIES IN THE ROOM!! That would b a bonus for £100+ a night.... HIGHLY recommended if you want to escape the tents and caravans. Minutes from Carlisle- with excellent Indian restaurant-TEZA.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2009

Well what can I say a truly wonderful hotel with a wealth of character. My partner and I recently travelled up North visiting various locations (a trip down memory lane).

I booked this hotel direct with the owner and was offered an upgraded room if possible. True to his word on arriving we were given a beautiful four-poster room (No 9). The hotel is beautifully presented and I found the owners very attentive.

In the evening we relaxed outside before our evening meal, they offer a well thought out menu and wine list. My partner had the 24 oz T-bone steak and I had the fillet (thinking that it wouldn’t be too filling – wrong!) but what can I say, it was locally sourced produce and you could have cut it with a butter knife.

In the morning we had a walk round the gardens before enjoying a lovely breakfast. If you enjoy quality and good service then this hotel is for you. Definitely worth a visit.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2009

I really dont know where all the bad reviews are coming from ! My partner and I have just come back from a wedding at Dalston Hall and it was absolutely amazing! I would just like to comment on some of the other reviews; Reception was manned all the time by a nice young lady and so was the bar! The food was lovely, not some of the rubbery chicken you normally get served at weddings ! Special thanks to Charlotte & Andrew who ran the wedding, as they were brilliant, I misplaced various items throughout the day and they were there to help! With regards to the bad reviews, I can only think it is worried competitors as they day i experienced was by far the best wedding I have ever been to !!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple