“Excellent service and great food”
Review of Number 10

Number 10
Ranked #188 of 364 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: No.10 Restaurant is a small, intimate restaurant seating up to 26.It is situated in the village of Stanwix in Carlisle, which lies on the very edge of the Lake District.The restaurant is part of a beautiful Victorian town house whose past history includes being a vicarage, a bakery, a school, and a greengrocers.The menu offers the very best in fresh home cooking, thus booking is essential!
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Two of went for the christmas menu it was three courses for 29.50. Plenty of choices on the menu. Brilliant service from staff. Inside nicely decorated and we had a choice of tables. Portion sizes were fine and it was very filling. Little bit pricy but we were expecting that before we went - wine is a little expensive. Good quality food and a thoroughly enjoyable evening - we'll be back !!

Reviewed 14 December 2012 via mobile

The place is very nice but food was just ok nothing special had pork main whick was dry and ginger panna cotta for dessert which wasn't nice thought it would be flavoured with ginger instead of having big chunks of ginger ( not nice) which was just far to strong and I love ginger don't think we would go again

Reviewed 9 November 2012

Took over the whole of the restaurant for my wife's birthday on the 3rd November. This restaurant is without doubt the best fine dining restaurant in the city. I am surprised at one of the comments regarding the amount of food. I have 2 large 6 foot men for sons and they were both well satisfied with the amount of food.
I would cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough. Family run and excellent service.

1  Thank EddieG670
Reviewed 22 October 2012

What we had was cooked well but there wasn't much of it and the menu choices left a lot to be desired. I'm sure some will love it but I want a little more when I'm paying good money to eat out.

Reviewed 23 September 2012

Had heard that Number 10 is one of Carlisle's top restaurants and we were not disappointed. Restaurant is simply decorated and has a relaxed welcoming ambience. The tables are well spaced out. Our waitress was very attentive and knowledgeable about the items on the menu. The wine list is reasonably limited but also reasonably priced and well chosen to compliment the menu. We had a taster followed by fresh breads. I had the trio of salmon and my partner had the goats cheese tart - both were delicious. We both had the steak for mains and in our experience, barring the michelin-starred restaurants we have been to, these were the best steaks we have ever had and were cooked to perfection (rare and medium-rare). Mains were served with a generous portion of fresh vegetables and daphinoise potatoes. Desserts were rice pudding and the lemon tart - both excellent. This is a place we will definitely return to. The whole experience was one of excellent food and excellent service in a relaxed and informal setting.