“Excellent Food - Excellent Service”
Review of Blue Ginger

Blue Ginger
Ranked #29 of 435 Restaurants in Bedford
Price range: US$24 - US$48
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The Blue Ginger has been a favourite of ours for many many years. The food is to die for and if you have a favourite dish (my husband's is a Chicken Methi) and it isn't on the menu, the chef will accommodate and make it for you. The staff are polite, friendly and very efficient and the owner takes a real interest in getting to know his customers and making sure everybody feels welcome and leaves happy. We always eat too much, but quite simply we love the food too much!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Arrived early Friday evening without a reservation. Staff found us a table - it was very quiet at this time. However, the restaurant became really busy later on. (This is a very popular restaurant). The food was marvelous! We requested our food be made extra spicy, which it was and tasted absolutely delicious. They also a made a dish, at our request, that is a favourite of ours but not on the menu, to order - again, absolutely delicious. My son treated me to a meal here and I would love to go again soon. (Previously, a friend and I had a take-away from here about a year ago and that too was delicious - so they are consistent).

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is a more than decent Bangladeshi restaurant ... They also have indian Summer on Tavistock Street... Same menu. Please consider that Bangladeshi cuisine is different to traditional and authentic indian / punjabi and or Pakistani food... You should not confuse them... My Bangladeshi friends have a different ethos and approach to cooking and it's very distinct and noticeable... I suppose the issue with categorising restaurants accurately lies with the options available to you... Generic choices do not give you the full picture. The owner at BG is very friendly and often offers you a free drink after your meal... Nice touch.

4  Thank Jashuaaaaa
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We visit the Blue Ginger every time we come to Bedford. We usually get take out since our family is large but I cherish the times we are able to dine in.

I have never been disappointed with their food nor with their service. The staff are friendly and go out of their way to make your visit special.

This is the best place that I have found and it is always the first place to visit when we get into town.

1  Thank AMK2009
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

This small restaurant is always busy - their takeaway lines are always busy, this says it all really. Always delivered on time with a smile and occasional freeby.

1  Thank Fatsos1