“Wonderful!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We decided to try this place after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor, and we're glad we did! Fantastic food, absolutely full of flavour. Perfect, crispy naan bread. Great atmosphere and faultless service. Recommended!!

Reviewed 21 August 2014

After seeing a large number of excellent reviews I was very disappointed. when I finally got to visit this restaurant. I don’t go out much so I was really looking forward to having a meal here.

On arrival on a Tuesday evening I found the restaurant small with a flat atmosphere. The restaurant was 25% full and the staff looked tired
The interaction with them was fairly non existent. I ordered a jalfrezi which was very average and my wife ordered a Shashlik, the dish was full of large onions! I looked at the menu a few days later and noticed that it actually stated the Shashlik comes with large onions. So I shouldn't complain really.

It probably deserves another chance but I don’t think I can spare the time.

2  Thank joe_green
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We've visited Blue Ginger several times as a family and have always been very impressed with the food, ambiance but especially the service from the attentive and professional staff. On the latest occasion we were slightly disappointed that the staff seemed a little less switched on and somewhat going through the motions rather than doing everything they can to enhance our evening as has been our previous experience. Blue Ginger targets themselves at the top end of local Indian Restaurants and justify this position but need to arrest this potential slide before it starts to do them reputational damage. Still a great meal and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

The Blue Ginger has been a favourite of ours for many many years. The food is to die for and if you have a favourite dish (my husband's is a Chicken Methi) and it isn't on the menu, the chef will accommodate and make it for you. The staff are polite, friendly and very efficient and the owner takes a real interest in getting to know his customers and making sure everybody feels welcome and leaves happy. We always eat too much, but quite simply we love the food too much!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Arrived early Friday evening without a reservation. Staff found us a table - it was very quiet at this time. However, the restaurant became really busy later on. (This is a very popular restaurant). The food was marvelous! We requested our food be made extra spicy, which it was and tasted absolutely delicious. They also a made a dish, at our request, that is a favourite of ours but not on the menu, to order - again, absolutely delicious. My son treated me to a meal here and I would love to go again soon. (Previously, a friend and I had a take-away from here about a year ago and that too was delicious - so they are consistent).