“Cosy & friendly welcome”

Victoria Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bedford
Victoria Guest House
Ranked #2 of 19 Bedford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Excellent town-centre location, convenient for shops, restaurants, etc. My son and I each had an en-suite room, with a comfortable bed (several, in fact!) and a small, well-equipped shower room. Breakfast was plentiful, varied, and delicious.
1 slight off-note: my bedside light (the only one for 3 beds...) did not work. I mentioned it the 1st morning and 4 days later nothing had changed.
If you are travelling by car, you have to be careful about parking on the street, as the traffic wardens patrol regularly from 8 a.m.

Room Tip: The en-suite rooms are much larger than those with shared facilities.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I booked this Guest House for its location, being only a 5 minute walk from the Town centre and close to friends I was visiting and I am so glad I did. There are others nearby but Marjorie made us feel welcome right from the start - 1st phonecall to book really. The room was huge, very sunny with comfortable beds and a relaxing atmosphere. The breakfast was great - fruit, cereals, as well as a cooked breakfast were available - of course we sampled all of them !!!
I slept with the windows open and was in a room at the front - no noise whatsoever !
The rate was great and the room & service worth a hell of a lot more. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms looked good as I checked them out before I left for future reference
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Old fashioned...in the best of senses. Staying overnight for a local festival, we found the Victoria, clean, comfortable, centrally located; and very good value for money. So good to have a fresh comfortable bed and the prospect of a full English breakfast next morning after a day of merrymaking. Very happy to oblige with a tasty vegetarian breakfast. Its the simple things that make a stay a pleasure - proper fresh orange juice, extra toast and being able to make tea and coffee in the room.

Already planning to book again for next August.

Room Tip: Some rooms have shared bathrooms which is even more of a bargain.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank dbuckner2016
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed overnight at the Victoria guest house on 11th february and was overall very pleased.

It has a great location, five minutes walk to the main shopping area, and is in a quiet street.

If you want parking, there is limited parking around the back. You have to drive down the narrowest of driveways to get to it though, it's quite scary! The parking out front is metered (But I think it's just weekdays at certain times, you would need to check)

The only negative thing I could say, would be the room was a little cold. There was an oil filled radiator in our room as well as the normal radiator, so I think it has been an issue before. Ev en with the oil one on full, it did not take the chill off the room.

Breakfast was very nice, and the lady who served us breakfast was also nice.

A comfortable stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nefertari&Ramses
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I go to visit family in Bedford as often as possible, and the Victoria B&B is my little guilty pleasure. I have stayed here on 5 occasions, 4 nights using rooms with en suite facilities and once a standard room. It is so nice to be able to use this as a retreat, a 10 minute car journey from my daughters, which means I can stay with the family until late evening, and then go to a comfortable bed in a clean well appointed room and sleep very soundly.
Breakfast is a nice affair. A little bell hanging from the door lets the owner know you have entered the light and airy breakfast room, she quickly asks what you want, and she will try to accommodate most requests. Cereal,Fruit and Juices plus water are there for the taking, pots of tea or coffee are brought within minutes, slices of fresh toast are left on your table along side your chosen fayre..Delish!
The rooms are well equipped, even the standard rooms, have a sink and fresh towels, and the bathroom is only a short stride away. The beds are comfy and the linen clean and crisp.The en suite rooms are better, and again soap,shower gel,towels and more towels adorn the shower room. The beds are just as comfy. (Hurrah)
Yes, the rooms are little "Old fashioned" but for complete comfort and cosiness, this little B&B on D'Parys Road will take a lot of beating. Tea and coffee making facilities are also in each room, as is a TV, and radiators that work very well...................
The owner is a friendly and happy person, who chats away with you,and gives you nothing to complain about.
The B&B is on a Tree Lined street, opposite a school and a few minutes walk into the Town Centre and Bus Station. There are some lovely little shops and the Harpur Centre is worth a visit too.
I would recommend this B&B to anyone, and I am looking forward to another visit in the New Year.

Room Tip: Request a room on the first floor, over looking the Front of the House. Catches the morning sun.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank delavega_9
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Thank you for a nice stay this weekend. My family and I were in Bedford visiting friends so this guest house was perfect for all 4 of us to stay in the same room.

Our room was clean and had all we needed for a comfortable nights sleep.

Breakfast is a relaxed affair and we all enjoyed a full English which was a nice treat as I didn't have to cook it!

Town was just a short walk down the road so managed a bit of shopping!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Lucy H
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Staying as a family we were pleased to find the accommodation clean and homely. The room was large enough for all four of us (2 children ages 7 + 5) and the landlady greeted us warmly. Informal check in meant no hanging around with tired children and we were soon relaxing in our lovely room.

Breakfast was tasty; eggs and bacon with plenty of toast and coffee, a real home from home feel. Having read the previous review I was pleased to find that the offer of parking at the rear meant we could park easily off the road, but out on visits each day meant the permit parking was not a problem either.

We enjoyed our stay and will certainly stay again if ever in the Bedford area.

Room Tip: The room we stayed in was at the front of the house, bright and airy with the morning sunshine
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family