“Usual nice stay”

The Elms Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bedford
The Elms Guest House
Ranked #6 of 19 Bedford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 April 2014

New owners, very busy but the usual relaxed ambiance as the they imprint their own visions on the pleasant B&B. Breakfast was up to the excellent standard expected with runny yolks from my poached eggs exploding on my toast to my total satisfaction, the bacon was high quality and tasty. My room was at the front on this visit and a duty drunk was a bit loud on their way up the road but otherwise, my previous comments on this nice guesthouse apply equally today. It will be nice when the changes are made but in the mean time, it is worth a visit.

Room Tip: Rooms do not as a rule have ensuite but this is being addressed
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Is one of the best b&b I ve been ever and the service is excellent especially since it is under new management and owners. It is really unique b&b with style & personality Ideal as I stayed there for business travel and for a family break and the new lovely lady running the place is so caring at all times...I definitely recommend it to everyone.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Stayed in a single room for one night. The accommodation is clean and tidy, and currently undergoing a program of renovation so should be even better next time! Can't fault the service or the great brekkie either!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My girlfriend and I wanted a weekend break in Bedford, so we decided to stay in a B&B.

We met Raisha (best guess at the spelling), a lovely open minded and funny host.

Our room was big, with plenty of light, clean and great value for money.

Breakfast was very filling and Raisha provided a wide variety of choices.

The Elms is also a short walk to the large park and town centre.

We met other people who help in and around the B&B and we felt part of a developing story tale under the new ownership.

We highly recommend The Elms B&B for anyone else looking for a stay in Bedford.

Thanks!
Richard & Johanna

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Currently staying at the elms (been here since January 2014) as a previous post has pointed out it has a new owner
I have stayed here on and off for the past few years when my work brings me to Bedford

So what's happening here is a renovation the old elms had nothing really wrong with it just a bit tired here and there but it has a new owner with new ideas

nothing has fundamentally changed with the place the food is still good the service is excellent
and the new owner is very friendly and endeavours to help you with any issues

so thumbs up keep up the good work

all an all

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I have just returned from a 3 week stay at The Elms. I've been coming here for 4 years and I feel that this is my home away from home. The Elms is under new ownership now and the transition between hosts is going well. You can always be assured that things are clean and that your breakfast is freshly cooked. The breakfast room has been redone and is quite bright and cheery. You won't be disappointed if you stay here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

Visited Bedford and had planned to stay in other b&B's but since my last visit they have closed down the elms i found to be very welcoming and attentive decor a little warn and dated but was still clean and comfortable bed was comfortable and I had a good nights sleep would go again

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business