“Lovely place”

Park Inn by Radisson Bedford
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Bedford
Reviewed 31 January 2014

The hotel is nicely placed in a busy area. Near the train station and town centre. This was a business trip and the place was ideal for an evening meeting.

A swift check in at reception with restaurant information given was helpful.

The room was allocated on the 4th floor. Blissfully quiet and very clean and warm, I was surprised at how small the bathroom was, but I usually book a double room so maybe that was why??
I can't fault the room, it was clean, with the usual tea facilities and a nice choice of TV channels which is something that not all hotels have.

We had booked an early meal as we were working in the evening and the staff were lovely. The food was excellent.

Breakfast was very early for me, at 6.30, I am not a big breakfast person but always like to pop in for tea and toast and see the standards!! I was surprised to see it busy with local workman. I was shown to a table and informed fresh eggs are cooked to order and everything else is Buffett. Unfortunately no one came to take an order!!!

What I understand to be the manager was having a stern word with the young hostess telling her she should show guests to the table, she did!! I thought it inappropriate for her to have the conversation in hearing of guests. She should have taken more care ensuring we got a chance to order!

Overall, it is a lovely hotel with good facilities.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
PI_Bedford, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Dear DeekUK,

Thank you for taking the time to write your valuable comments with regards to your recent stay at the Park Inn by Radisson Bedford. We value all feedback to ensure that we are able to improve the service and standards we offer.

Your comments with regards to the Bedroom and bathroom I have passed onto the housekeeping team. We have a number of sized rooms and bathrooms within the hotel, this is due to the configuration of the bedrooms on each floor.

Again I thank you for your comments with regards to breakfast. I again take on board your valuable feedback and please be assured we will work on the areas that you have made reference too.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Park Inn by Radisson Bedford

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Great hotel in the town and easy to find. Very friendly reception team and the ladies at breakfast do really look after you. The only comment is that the room was a bit cool. They did bring a heater. The room overlooked the river and a great view. Thank you

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
PI_Bedford, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear stevoLiverpool,

Thank you for taking the time to comment of your recent stay at the hotel.

Your feedback is most welcome and please be assured that I know both the reception team and breakfast team will be please with your comments.

With regards to the heating I have taken on board your comments and I will personally ensure that we increase the temperature levels within all our rooms and ask for these to be checked on a regular basis.

Once again thank you for your comments

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Good hotel, great value, well appointed room with refurbished bathroom. Good choice for breakfast. Easy parking. Lovely position overlooking the river. We wanted a hotel that was good value but also offered a good level of comfort. Our only gripe was that the receptionist could have been more pleasant.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
PI_Bedford, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Lindahollins ,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the hotel. We value all guest feedback so that we are able to improve the service and standards we offer.

I feel that your comments are most valuable and please be assured that I have passed these onto the department managers. At the same time both the front office manager and I have discussed your comment about the reception team member.

Once again thank you for your valuable comments and we do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Originally I had reservations at park inn bedford in december 2013 where room service barged in my room where myself and my partner were in bed. My partner was so upset that I went to complain. The manager who was in charge at that particular shift made it out that it was my fault and this never occurred and spoke so rudely. Apparently the policy is, room service need to knock three times before enetering only if a, "no disturb sign" is not outside which there clearly was. I then complained to senior management and I got a complementary stay in january 2014. At 11:00pm at night, a customer storms in my room claiming he has made this reservation for the same room which left my partner extremely traumatised. I complained again to the shift management where I was spoken rudely and made out that it was my fault (Apparently on there system, they accidently reserved my name kn a different room so my business room was shown on there system as its available....typical)..not even a apology. Complained to senior management the following day and was made out that I got a complementary stay and they cant do anything else and also it was made a joke of that I have bad luck. I have worked in huge operations and have never had bad customer service than this. I would never recommend this establishment to anyone and a business room which normally would cost £98, I would rather go to the swan hotel and and spend £200 where atleast i will get great service and nobody will randomly walk in your room unlike park inn. (Swan hotel is only opposite park inn). Truly disgusted and I would rather spend the night outside in the street than pay for a room in the park inn. The choice is yours.....if you want random people disturbing your privacy in the middle of tbe night.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank grooveride
PI_Bedford, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear grooveride,

Thank you for taking the time to post you comments with regards to your recent stay at the Park Inn by Radisson Bedford. I would first of all like to personally take this opportunity to apologise to both you and your partner.

I would like to assure you that all guest comments are taken on board. I do apologise that you felt your complaint was not taken seriously. We have a very clear guest policy that guests should not be disturbed within there rooms, however reading your comments this was not the case. I will personally arrange for retraining to be carried out with regards to the way we enter a room and also the allocation of rooms.

I will be more than happy to discuss this matter further with yourself and please do contact me directly at the hotel.

Once again thank you for your comments and I sincerely apologise.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Weve stayed in lots of Hotels and B and Bs in the Bedford area for family reasons and this was a bit of a gamble, and now is an absolute no brainer, wished we had tried it before........excellent value for money and great location next to the River so you can watch all the boats go up and down, the room was huge and very quiet despite its location in the middle of town. Easy parking, we are looking forward to staying there in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
PI_Bedford, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Dear chrissieblueeyes,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments with regards to your recent stay at the Park Inn Bedford.

I am please that on this occasion you decided to stay at the Park Inn. We have over the last year completed a major refurbishment within the hotel throughout the ground floor area. We have a number of bedrooms that over look at river and the comments from our guests regarding these rooms are similar to yourself.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Stayed at The Park Inn for a week whilst on a training course in Bedford. The hotel was very nice and modern with great furnishings. The room was exceptionally clean and comfortable. I ate all my meals in the hotel restaurant and they were all fantastic! Amazing quality and the prices were very reasonable. A great range of choices available for breakfast as well with everything cooked to perfection. Overall, I had a great stay. Many thanks

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
PI_Bedford, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Dear LickyL,
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments with regards to your weeks stay at the Park Inn Bedford.
We have all read your comments and both myself and the team are please to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We are working and have been working on a number of key areas within the hotel, with regards to bedroom cleanliness and food and drink and I know the team are pleased to read your feedback.

Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Needed a cheap room for a night out, the hotel had a January sale so we got a good rate. For what we paid I was very happy.

Rooms were clean and comfortable, the lady on reception kindly gave us a free 'upgrade' to a river view room. Not sure how this qualifies as an upgrade though... No free snack or use of bathrobes which is common in other standard hotels.

All staff were friendly and helpful, especially, the receptionist (red head forgot her name) and Barbara and Christine at breakfast.

Hotel has definitely improved recently. We will stay providing prices are decent again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank buffybabe
PI_Bedford, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear buffybabe,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments with regards to your recent stay at the Park Inn by Radisson Bedford.

I have read your review in detail and thank you again for your comments with regards to the clean rooms. We have just taken on a new housekeeping manager and I know they will make a difference to the hotel. I also thank you for your comments regarding reception and Breakfast staff and I have today personally passed on my thanks.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.