“Radisson Park Inn Bedford”

Park Inn by Radisson Bedford
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Bedford
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Radisson Park Inn Bedford”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

stayed here for 2 nights on business. The first night the aircon in the room did not work. I reported it and was told it would be fixed the following day. It was not. When I complained again, they brought 2 desk fans to my room to try and cool it down a bit. I ordered room service 2 nights in a row. the first night it took 40 mins. I was told they dropped the drink on the way up. The second night took 90 minutes. No explanation but food was cold and ice cream dessert was melted. When I went in the restaraunt I was ignored for 20 minutes

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

PI_Bedford, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Bedford, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Anthony L,
Thank you for taking the team to comment on your recent stay at the Park Inn by Radisson Bedford.
Your comments are of value, and I have read these in detail. We have had a number of issues within the last 10 days with regards to the Air conditioning system on a number of floors within the hotel. This includes 2 main PC boards that had to be replaced. These boards have been replaced, however that parts had to be ordered.
I do apologise for the service and standards with regards to the food and beverage and please be assured that I will relook at the training of the team.
Once again thank you for your comment and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon
Simon Smith

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Walls are too thin. I could here the every time someone in the room next door went to the bathroom. Room is tiny and next to the lift. I would have preferred to stay in a Travelodge or Premier Inn saved my self some money. It was nice, tidy, clean and attractive.

Dear Abbas A,
Thank you for your valuable comments with regards to recent stay at the Park Inn by Radisson Bedford.
Your comments are of value and I apologise with regards to the walls, We do have a number of rooms within the hotel that are of different side and layout, which ensure that there is little disturbance from the adjoining rooms.
Once gain thank you for your comments and I personally apologise for any inconvenience caused. If you wish to return to the hotel please contact me directly and I will ensure that you are allocated one of these rooms.
Simon Smith

Travellers are raving about these Bedford hotels

Armadale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I was very impressed with my first experience of Park Inn by Radisson in Bedord.

The hotel is very central and only a few minutes walk from the town centre. It was also very convenient for the event I came to work at Bedfordshire University.

The rooms are clean, comfortable, if a little cramped but the room sizes are not bad at all.

The internet is free for basic 512K and has a payable upgrade for those requiring to do business video conferencing etc. I think this is a good way to do it but the wifi regularly stalls and requires you to clear your history/cookies to get it going again.

Breakfast was very good for just £10 per person per day. The cooked options were very well cooked and there was fresh fruit, meat and cheese, yoghurts and pastries. Great selection!

Finally, the staff were courteous and professional and resolved an error in my bill quickly and with no fuss. Special mention to the night concierge on arrival at 1.30am (flight was delayed) and to Janne.

My only negative comment is the bedroom doors slam if not closed quietly by guests. The room next door to me slammed the door regularly. Any chance of a softer closer setting on the doors? This would have been a 5 rating if this was already in place.

For every hotel I've reviewed negatively before. This is how it's done folks! This is not an expensive hotel, but it's a good one!

Dear Colin M,
Thank you for your taking the time to write your comments with regards to your recent stay at the Park Inn by Radisson Bedford.
Your comments are of value for both myself and the team. The location is ideal if you are looking for a town centre hotel and at the same time the hotel is within easy access to the main station and the road links. Your comments with regards to the wifi I take on board and this is an area we are looking / working on at present. The free wifi will be available for all our guests and we are looking to increase the network points. Your comment with regards to the staff I have passed on and I thank you these.
Your comments about the doors we have taken on board and will look into this over the coming weeks. Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I rate this hotel for business. Great location in central Bedford. The staff very welcoming and professional. Accommodation is modern, clean and well maintained. Its the sort of mid range standard I would expect from the Radisson chain. Guests should not be disappointed if they are aiming for the upper side of 3 star accommodation and if you really don't want a budget hotel. This hotel is "good enough"

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

PI_Bedford, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Bedford, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Michael H,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent business trip to the Park Inn by Radisson Bedford.
Both the Team and myself would like to thank you for your valuable feedback and please be assured that we have pass on all your comments to each department.
Once again your comments are of value and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
shepshed, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

wkend break for our anniversary purchased thru ebay, we had the evening meal at the hotel 2 courses for free even tho they give u an ebay menu its the same as on main menu and very good, the service was excellent as at the time they hosing the policemans ball, very busy! the room was very big and clean, breakfast could have been little warmer but overall excellent relaxed wkend for us.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

PI_Bedford, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Bedford, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear DeanR,
Thank you for your comments with regards to your weekend stay at the Park Inn by Radisson Bedford.
Your feedback is valuable and we are delighted to read that you enjoyed your dinner, service and the size and cleanliness of your room. I have taken on board your comments with regards to breakfast and have passed on your comments to our head chef.
Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to you visiting the hotel again.
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past couple of years and the wifi rarely works despite me reporting this problem on every occasion! If this is important to you stay elsewhere. A pretty basic hotel but with nice river views.

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

PI_Bedford, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Bedford, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Staffs18,
Thank you for taking the valuable time to write your comment with regards to the wifi within the hotel.
I was sorry to read your comments and your personal feedback that you feel that we our Free wifi we offer is of poor quality. I do agree that this is an important part of travel and your feedback we do take on board. We need to undertake a number of actions and we have completed the signal strength within the hotel to ensure that key areas such has the bedrooms, meeting rooms and lounge area are all covered by our free and premium wifi, We are also in talks with of internet provider to also look at ways to increase this service and coverage.
I thank you for your valuable comments and if you do decide to return to the hotel please contact me directly.
Regards
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I were married at The Park Inn, Bedford on 30th May. I stayed at the hotel with my 9 year old daughter the night before, and enjoyed a complimentary room the night of my wedding.

The rooms I stayed in were both comfortable, clean and spacious. If I'm being picky then I would say that there is too much traffic noise from outside - but this is a city centre hotel, so is to be expected.

Our wedding was really wonderful, and the staff bent over backwards to be accommodating towards us with everything we wanted. The wedding breakfast was really tasty, with generous portions and good presentation. The evening buffet was also very good. The bar is what you would expect for a hotel in a city centre - a bit on the pricey side but absolutely adequate.

One area that could be improved upon is the hotel's provision for their younger guests - the restaurant has no childrens menu (although a childs menu was provided as part of the wedding breakfast) and they only have one family room, quite surprising for a hotel of this size.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
PI_Bedford, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Bedford, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear shouldgetoutmore1977,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay and your wedding at the Park Inn by Radisson Bedford.
I was with the team pleased to read your comments with regards to the room, service and also the wedding and please be assured that all these comments have been passed on to each member of the team.
Your comment with regards to the children’s menu we also take on board and please be assured that this is something that I will ask the head chef to look into.
Once again thank you for your comments and both myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.