“Average hotel, great location”

Park Inn by Radisson Bedford
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Bedford
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The hotel is tired, the menu standard Park Inn fare, and the traffic crossing the bridge is incredibly noisy if you have a room on that side. On the plus side, the staff do try, rooms facing away from the main road are quieter (and if they face the river, have a lovely view, and the location is brilliant. By the river, a perfect place for a stroll before dinner. I have booked a number of times because whilst it's pretty average, I've stayed in a lot worse in Bedford. Arrive early or the car park may be full.

Room Tip: Don't get a room facing the main road / bridge. Very noisy traffic and useless double glazing...
1  Thank EmptyMirror
PI_Bedford, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear EmptyMirror,
Thank you for your taking the time to write your valuable comments with regards to your recent stay at the Park Inn by Radisson Bedford.
I have read your comments in detail. Our building is of an older design, and we have has you will have seen spent £1.5 million pounds on our ground floor, restaurant and meeting area. Your comments with regards to the menu I have passed onto our chef and we will be happy to look at introducing a number of in house specials to run alongside the restaurant menu.
Both myself and the team would be delighted to welcoming you back to the hotel and when you are next within area and booked into the hotel please do contact me and I will be happy to meet with you.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Excellent hotel and best place to stay in Bedford, UK for comfort. the service of the stay is very nice and very helpful all during my stay, the room are clean and bathroom are very good for shower after a long day work and it refresh you

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
PI_Bedford, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Kavish S,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent say at the Park Inn by Radisson Bedford.
Your comments are of most value and please be assured that these have been past to all the team within the hotel. This will and has encouraged the team to strive for even higher levels of service and standards.
Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back if you are within the area.
Regards

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed for two nights in June 2014 for a Exibition but after the first night was told that their computer system had double booked so was move to another Hotel about 25 mins away. Lovely Hotel, Lovely Food but this movement ruined it for me.

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
PI_Bedford, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear ScottW,
Thank you for taking the team to comment with regards to your recent stay at the Park Inn by Radisson Bedford.
Your comments are of value to both myself and the hotel. We had an issue this week with regards to the computer system, however I can assure you that this has now been rectified.
Once again thank you for your comment and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon

Reviewed 26 June 2014

stayed here for 2 nights on business. The first night the aircon in the room did not work. I reported it and was told it would be fixed the following day. It was not. When I complained again, they brought 2 desk fans to my room to try and cool it down a bit. I ordered room service 2 nights in a row. the first night it took 40 mins. I was told they dropped the drink on the way up. The second night took 90 minutes. No explanation but food was cold and ice cream dessert was melted. When I went in the restaraunt I was ignored for 20 minutes

Dear Anthony L,
Thank you for taking the team to comment on your recent stay at the Park Inn by Radisson Bedford.
Your comments are of value, and I have read these in detail. We have had a number of issues within the last 10 days with regards to the Air conditioning system on a number of floors within the hotel. This includes 2 main PC boards that had to be replaced. These boards have been replaced, however that parts had to be ordered.
I do apologise for the service and standards with regards to the food and beverage and please be assured that I will relook at the training of the team.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Walls are too thin. I could here the every time someone in the room next door went to the bathroom. Room is tiny and next to the lift. I would have preferred to stay in a Travelodge or Premier Inn saved my self some money. It was nice, tidy, clean and attractive.

Dear Abbas A,
Thank you for your valuable comments with regards to recent stay at the Park Inn by Radisson Bedford.
Your comments are of value and I apologise with regards to the walls, We do have a number of rooms within the hotel that are of different side and layout, which ensure that there is little disturbance from the adjoining rooms.
Once gain thank you for your comments and I personally apologise for any inconvenience caused. If you wish to return to the hotel please contact me directly and I will ensure that you are allocated one of these rooms.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I was very impressed with my first experience of Park Inn by Radisson in Bedord.

The hotel is very central and only a few minutes walk from the town centre. It was also very convenient for the event I came to work at Bedfordshire University.

The rooms are clean, comfortable, if a little cramped but the room sizes are not bad at all.

The internet is free for basic 512K and has a payable upgrade for those requiring to do business video conferencing etc. I think this is a good way to do it but the wifi regularly stalls and requires you to clear your history/cookies to get it going again.

Breakfast was very good for just £10 per person per day. The cooked options were very well cooked and there was fresh fruit, meat and cheese, yoghurts and pastries. Great selection!

Finally, the staff were courteous and professional and resolved an error in my bill quickly and with no fuss. Special mention to the night concierge on arrival at 1.30am (flight was delayed) and to Janne.

My only negative comment is the bedroom doors slam if not closed quietly by guests. The room next door to me slammed the door regularly. Any chance of a softer closer setting on the doors? This would have been a 5 rating if this was already in place.

For every hotel I've reviewed negatively before. This is how it's done folks! This is not an expensive hotel, but it's a good one!

Dear Colin M,
Thank you for your taking the time to write your comments with regards to your recent stay at the Park Inn by Radisson Bedford.
Your comments are of value for both myself and the team. The location is ideal if you are looking for a town centre hotel and at the same time the hotel is within easy access to the main station and the road links. Your comments with regards to the wifi I take on board and this is an area we are looking / working on at present. The free wifi will be available for all our guests and we are looking to increase the network points. Your comment with regards to the staff I have passed on and I thank you these.
Your comments about the doors we have taken on board and will look into this over the coming weeks. Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I rate this hotel for business. Great location in central Bedford. The staff very welcoming and professional. Accommodation is modern, clean and well maintained. Its the sort of mid range standard I would expect from the Radisson chain. Guests should not be disappointed if they are aiming for the upper side of 3 star accommodation and if you really don't want a budget hotel. This hotel is "good enough"

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
PI_Bedford, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Michael H,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent business trip to the Park Inn by Radisson Bedford.
Both the Team and myself would like to thank you for your valuable feedback and please be assured that we have pass on all your comments to each department.
Once again your comments are of value and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.