“Too expensive and run down!”
Review of Oasis Beach Pool

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Oasis Beach Pool
Ranked #33 of 49 things to do in Bedford
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Not impressed at all. Took my son and his friend swimming and the flukes were closed and the whole place looks really run down and in need of some TLC.
Ridiculously over priced. Avoid!

2  Thank Kate L

Reviewed 24 May 2014

this pool has a badly designed layout, it has a very small toddler pool, I mean small, so kids are in the main pool that gets deeper the further in you go, you have to really keep an eye on them and especially when the wave machine comes on, you can't really swim here its more of a fun pool, the slides are good fun, but overall its not a place for small children people who cant swim or people looking for a swim session. it is out of town plenty of parking pyramid shape building, it has a cafe and spectators may sit there.the pool is dated and badly set out, & stupidly expensive, sorry beds council, its a BIG no go for me!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I went to the pool on Sunday with my husband and our 3 year old niece. Although I know how old the pool is as at nearly 30, I used to come when I was little As a treat, I was shocked at how tired and unloved it was, especially the outside. The 'pools' at the front we full of green slim and needed a good clean. As a welcoming view, it was not good, and as a facilities manager by trade, found my first impressions of the facilities as a whole poor.
The queue was lengthy, although for a hot day this was understandable. The cost was high in my opinion. For 2 adults and one toddler it was £20.00. We were then told this was for 1.5 hours only as they were busy. Whilst that's fair enough, certainly with a little one in tow, but we were then told the flames were not open... One of the main advantages of choosing Bedford Oasis over other pools.
Inside the pool was clean enough but it had certainly seen better days. My niece loved the mini slide and the waves blew her mind. The flumes were a real shame but she was just happy to be there. The lazy river was great fun and lovely to go round in the sunshine.
All in all, We won't go again. It was such a wonderland of fun years ago and although I maybe old and more grumpy these days, for the cost, it was not worth it, certainly with the flumes closed and no discount offered.

1  Thank Lizzie B
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Having read the reviews, I wasn't expecting much but my son had set his heart on taking some friends to a water park and this is the nearest I could find to Cambridge . We all had a great time and had excellent value for money as we stayed for almost 3 hours.
1) indoor lazy river lots of fun
2) great wave machine that came on every half hour but seemed more frequently. Our boys loved the edge of the pool where they got thrown about and splashed, just like in the sea.
3) jacuzzi area really big and therapeutic bubbles.
4) main pool area starts very shallow and gently shelves. Lots of signs indicating the depth of the water.
5) great temperature of water and air when you get out .
6) flumes are fun but took a while to queue so didn't really bother and had plenty to do anyway.
7) the outdoor section of the lazy river is much faster than the inside section so it can be a little scary for younger children especially as you often find yourself knocking into each other. Also, a bit tricky to actually stop yourself from going around again due to the current! Not deep water though so fine for adults and anyone tall enough to stand up.

Even though we went on a Saturday and the weather was good, the pool wasn't so busy that our time was limited. We were given bands to wear and warned that we might have 90 minutes but were never asked to leave and stayed in the water for almost 3 hours.

Excellent day out for £26 for 4 children and 2 adults.
yes, the changing rooms are tiny but saw no evidence of it being dirty either in the swimming pool or in the changing areas.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

It's very expensive to enter the pool, the food is plain and very overpriced. Changing rooms are grubby and the nappy bins are always full leaving a foul smell. You pay a high price to go in yet the slides are only available after school hours, the outside area is generally always closed no matter what the weather conditions. Wouldn't entertain this pool again

2  Thank jsjsjs1