“Good value, good food”

Price range: US$13 - US$33
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Serving fine dine Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine with a friendly atmosphere and staff we pride our self's on cooking with fresh ingredients and spices from our CHEF with 30yrs experience
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We have visited Deshi several times and the food has been consistently well prepared, beautifully spiced and well presented. The chef is a real specialist - unlike some restaurants where all dishes taste remarkably similar, each item in Deshi has its own distinctive flavour with its own harmony of spices. The service is good without being rushed. The discount nights are extremely good value - we struggle to clear our plates and have never made it to desserts. We recommend Deshi to anyone with a discerning palate.

1  Thank Polly D

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Came to this restaurant and not for the first time. The food is absolutely lovely, full if mouthwatering flavour and very well presented. The service was great and I shall definitely be coming here again and again. The staff here remember you and treat you as a valued customer which is very refreshing. I would 100% rate this as the best Indian food in Bedford.

1  Thank bcman64
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Lovely meal as always.
Great service and lovely food.
What is nice food is always cooked with. Less oil and is much healthier.

1  Thank Karen D
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Service is brilliant, very attentive but not crowding. Food is amazing! I had the lamb dansak and the lamb was cooked to perfection, many restaurants over cook lamb and its chewy, this melted in my mouth. They also gave us the option of spice rating for our dishes, within reason they can make it hotter or milder to suit everyones taste. I love Indian food and have eaten at many restaurants in Bedford, so I have a lot to compare it to when I say it is the best I have had. I came here with my boyfriend and there was a great atmosphere and it would suit any occasion I am sure, I would come back with family. I will not be eating at any other Indian restaurant in Bedford from now on.

2  Thank Karen M
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Really liked everything about this place. Lovely fresh food (even the chutneys), great recommendations by the staff, excellent service, and they did really well with their hygiene score as well!