“Fabulous Meal ”

Price range: US$13 - US$33
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Serving fine dine Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine with a friendly atmosphere and staff we pride our self's on cooking with fresh ingredients and spices from our CHEF with 30yrs experience
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Lovely food as always !
Great service !
Our favourite Indian restaurant .
Food has lovely flavour but without lots of ghee which most Indians have .
Would thoroughly recommend this restaurant .
We have been going to this restaurant with our family and friends for years and always have lovely food .

Mohammed J, Guest Relations Manager at Deshi Spice, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Thank you for your great review we hope to see u back soon #TEAMDESHISPICE

Reviewed 10 October 2017

My friends and I planned a surprise for our friend and the service was fantastic, especially Tarif, with our complimentary free drinks to celebrate. The food was delicious with a good ambiance. Thank you for such a pleasant evening.

Mohammed J, Guest Relations Manager at Deshi Spice, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Thank you for your review we always try to make your experience @DESHISPICE memorable we hope to see u soon thanks from everyone @TEAMDESHISPICE

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

We visited Deshi Spice in Bedford as part of a group deal in order to raise funds for charity.

In total there were around 60 people including a few vegetarians.

In order to make food preparation and service practical for that many people arriving and being served at the same time, the restaurant provided a fixed menu but did ask in advance about dietary restrictions.

Time was given for people to order drinks before serving and between courses.

60 starters and 60 main were served and cleared with minimum fuss, allowing for a very enjoyable evening.

The starters included a selection of tandoori chicken and onion baaji for the meat eaters on plates for people to pick and choose. The vegetarians were given an individual plate in order that the food was segregated which had an onion baaji, vegetable pakora and vegetable samosa.

The main included chicken tikka masala, a medium hot chicken curry and a lamb masala style curry. Individual vegetarian masala style curries were provided for the awkward customers such as myself. More than adequate plain and garlic naan, rice and Bombay Potatoes were also delivered to the tables.

Given the logistics everything was just the right temperature, nothing cold, and no-one had a bad thing to say about any of the food. Everyone considered they had been provided more than adequate food; I certainly was quite full by the end of the evening.

At clearing up waiters added the nice touch of providing heated towels.

All of this for £15 a head with £5 of that directly for the charity. At the end of the evening the owner donated an additional £50 so provided the food and service for somewhere in the region of £9pp.

A big thank you from MacMillan to the owner and all of the staff. My personal thanks to the chef for his attention to vegetarians.

As a group we will arrange another evening in the same way. As an individual I shall definitely be returning to sample something from the menu. The food I sampled was excellent on the night and I anticipate some delicious treats given a free choice.

Mohammed J, Guest Relations Manager at Deshi Spice, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you very much for the lovely review its always a pleasure TO GET GOOD FEEDBACK and we are here to help Macmillan Cancer Research we hope to see u soon Thanks from everyone @TEAMDESHISPICE

Reviewed 4 September 2017

I had never visited Deshi Spice but I am extremely glad I found this little gem. Wonderful and attentive service on a birthday occasion, beautiful food and a nice atmosphere. Extremely good value for money too. Was given a free sambuca cocktail, bottle of prosseco and after 8's as a treat for the birthday in our group. Many, many thanks and will be sure to visit again

Mohammed J, Guest Relations Manager at Deshi Spice, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Thank you JAMES for your review we hope to see u soon

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

My partner and I visited this restaurant whilst staying a night in Bedford. We found this restaurant on trip advisor and after reading the reviews decided to give it a try, and we are glad we did!

We both had the king prawn poori to start and it was spot on, presentation was lovely and it was very tasty. For main I had the chicken dhansak and my partner had chicken and lamb korai, both were delicious.

The staff were on the ball, drinks arriving very quickly after ordering them and cutlery being replaced in plenty of time between courses.

Highly recommend this place!

Mohammed J, Guest Relations Manager at Deshi Spice, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Thank you Nadia M for your review its always a pleasure to get great feedback thanks from team @DESHISPICE