“Terrific for creative-minded kids”
Review of The Kiln

The Kiln
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Stairs / lift, Food available for purchase, Baby buggy parking
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My girls have been several times mostly for parties (own and friends') and have always had a fantastic time. They love the whole process of creating their pottery masterpiece and it's really nice to see them concentrating so intensely. The staff are really friendly and know how to marshal the kids and the tea-party is really yummy. The place is clean and inviting and I expect we will be visiting again soon!

1  Thank HughandMandy

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I LOVE The Kiln - I have gone frequently with my little sister (9 years old) since they were based in a much smaller location. Since moving to the High Street they seem to be having a great success - often you have to wait half an hour to SHARE a table with others in order to paint.
Their selections of things to decorate are lovely and my sister always pleads for a bath bomb. The cakes are good too, as are the smoothies :)
It's just such a nice place to go and a good activity to get kids out of the house.
I highly recommend!

1  Thank Katie S
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I went here to make my parents Christmas present for this year - beautiful hand painted, glazed fruit bowl. Fantastic staff, scrummy eats with a nice cuppa. Good way to spend an afternoon with the girls. Very very reasonable.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

My daughter went to a party at the Kiln with School friends and told me all about it so I promised I would take her. We went in and the interior is beautifull decorated and it looks like a chic coffee / tea room. We were welcomed by the manager who explained that we choose a piece of pottery, which has the price on it and that another £5 will be charged for each piece which will cover paints and kiln firing costs etc. Both she and I could have spent a fortune for there are some lovely bits in there. I chose a butterfly and she chose a cat bowl - Cost £35 -
We sat and painted and chatted for a couple of hours and had a really good time and a week later we went back and collected our bespoke items that we now see daily - well worth it.
We also had lunch - jacket potato each, a latte and squash and we may have had one of their beautiful cakes too. This brought our bill up to £50.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Have now taken 4 of our 6 grandchildren there and they all loved it Food good A tip is let an adult choose the item of pottery for the child to paint otherwise it can get expensive