All reviewsoverlooking the riverthe pubno liftfirst floorlovely hoteltop floorcomfortable bedvery pleasant staycar parkone night stayyogurtousenoisebathstartersswan
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Booked in to the embankment for one night. Easy check in, Room very clean and tidy. Plenty of space. Breakfast served in the usual area next to the bar with fresh croissants and jams, yoghurts and cereals. On this occasion I did not opt for the cooked. Perhaps on my next visit. !!
Easy check out. Very friendly staff.

Room Tip: I had room 110. Ideal for 1 person.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
jonathantaylorhotel, General Manager at Embankment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Hi Mark

Many thanks for your review. I am really please you had a comfortable stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Bedford.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I went for a boozy lunch with two lady friends for my Birthday. It was a Wednesday afternoon and not particularly busy which made the poor service even more galling. We waited for 20 minutes for our order to be taken and during that time I personally had to fetch the specials board. There was no apology for this plus no explanation of these 'special' dishes. The food was pleasant, but over priced for what it was (basically good pub grub) and at no point did we feel like being valued customers. One member of staff was on his phone at every opportunity and all staff floated about not actually taking notice of what the customers may need. We had to go to the bar to ask for the bill but if they had been more attentive we may have stayed for more drinks. One of my co diners left a small tip, but I didn't think they deserved a penny. Nice kids, but totally lacking in customer relations which is a must when 3 of you spent £170 on lunch!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
jonathantaylorhotel, General Manager at Embankment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Many thanks for your review,
It sounds to me like you certainly didn’t receive our usual high standards of service.
Please can you let me know via email the date you visited so I can investigate this.

Jonathan.taylor@peachpubs.com

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Great location in the best part of Bedford. The Embankment. Front rooms are the best. Back rooms pokey. Rooms are standard issue gastro pub, with appropriate character in places. Restaurant excellent, but don't fall for the back rooms - they lack atmosphere in my view unless you have a big/private party. Bar excellent array of wine and beers. Food good. Sunday lunch particularly good. Enjoyable stay.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your kind review,
Our dining room at the back for the building is suitable for slightly more formal dining but does not get the buzz from the bar unfortunately. On a busy evening it creates it own atmosphere though through the music and hum of guests chatter.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the embankment soon.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Room 105, The bedroom was clean , tidy and comfortable with a clean ensuite (shame the ensuite door was hanging loose on its hinges). The breakfast (incl.,in the price of stay )was excellent and offering full English/with fruit and cereal . We dined in house and again the food was of an excellent standard and served well. Would recommend staying to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
jonathantaylorhotel, General Manager at Embankment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you very much for positive review
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon. The door to the bathroom was repaired on the day of your departure and I am sorry this was not quite right during your stay.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Had a 10oz French steak. Asked for a medium and was cooked to perfection. Lovely meal and nice staff. Was seated very quickly and food came swiftly and hot. Nice place for couples or doubles. Starters were sausage and bread with dips, was a treat. Would recommend for nice relaxing meal or a special treat.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your glowing review,
You must have visited on a Wednesday for our steak night of the French Cut Rump? It is a personal favourite of mine too. I’m really glad you enjoyed it.
I look forward to seeing you next time you visit.