All reviewsoverlooking the riverthe pubno liftfirst floorlovely hoteltop floorcomfortable bedvery pleasant staycar parkone night stayyogurtousenoisebathstartersswan
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Right by the historic river in Bedford sits a lovely little hotel with good food. Twenty years ago it was a rough pub however now one can sit in the sunshine and enjoy good food and a well stocked bar. The food is posh pub grub with some lovely cold platters which are excellant and the well trained staff all seem to come from down under so a warm welcome occurs on every visit. Perfect spot to stay but not a lot of car parking
They also have a private dining room. .

Room Tip: One over looking the river!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
jonathantaylorhotel, General Manager at Embankment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Hi Martin

Many thanks for your fab review. We are glad you had such an enjoyable stay and we look forward to seeing you next time.

Best wishes

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Lovely place in a wonderful location near the river. Rooms are comfortable and clean, breakfast is fantastic and the staff is friendly and kind. I highly recommend it.

SwanGM, General Manager at Embankment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Many thanks for your great review.
We take great pride in our rooms and pub and love the fact you likeit as much as we do.

See you next time!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Stayed at the hotel for one night and was very impressed with everything.
Had a lovely twin-bedded room, with plenty of lighting, which is a treat these days.
Dinner in the restaurant was superb, as was the service.
Also, a lovely location at the riverside.
Next time I am in Bedford, this is where I will stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
jonathantaylorhotel, General Manager at Embankment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you for your great review.

I am pleased you had such a great stay with us and we very much look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Kind regards

Reviewed 2 April 2014

This has all the trappings to be an amazing hotel - it's location on the river, the building has great charm, there is a shabby chic air to the place and the food is very good. However, it is clear that the management style of the owners of this let this place down with a lack of attention to detail and customer service. When checking in, was simply given the key and the room number with no directions to where the room was, where the lifts were (there are none) and when dinner/breakfast were served. The hotel really should have lifts - no excuse for a hotel in this day and age not to do so. The room was pleasant enough- comfy bed, polyester pillows and adequate bathroom (shower no bath if that bothers you - though it did not bother me). It was one of the back rooms which have been described as "pokey" with poor views - size was adequate and good views aren't always possible - I accept that. The welcome booklet in the room refers to all manner of things that the hotel can offer if you just dial '1000' for reception which is fine if the rooms actually had telephones in which they do not. The booklet says dial 1000 for the Wi-Fi code (on average four or five times on each page), so after a schlep from the room at the back of the hotel on the top floor to the unmanned reception (customers are asked to look for a member of staff which is not easy when the bar/restaurant is rather busy), I was told that there was no code. Why not just update the welcome books? The receptionist/maitre d' or whatever he was simply took no interest at all. In the bar, I was not presented with the full menu. I was told that there were specials but it took 5 minutes for a staff member to find out what they were. I was not presented with a wine menu when I sat down and when I eventually got one no-one could be bothered to come back and take the order - I had to call someone over. The table was not properly laid with salt & pepper as other tables were and so on. The staff took no interest in the customers and spent a lot of time standing by a desk looking gormless even when customers (not just me) were clearly ready to order things - and this was before the restaurant got busy. I don't mind the laid back approach especially in an establishment like this, but there is laid back and can't be bothered. If the hotel management focussed on these sort of details in both customer service and accommodation I would give this place a 5 and return here. Until they do, Premier Inn is a better allrounder than the Embankment. This place desperately needs a visit from Alex Polizzi to save it declining. [PS I started to fill in circles which rate service, value etc - for some reason Trip Advisor would only let me select terrible for each category - it was not terrible and does not reflect my view]

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeremy C
jonathantaylorhotel, General Manager at Embankment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Hi Jeremy

Many thanks for your review.
Could you please email me details of exactly when you stayed so I can investigate your comments further.

Many thanks in advance
Joanthan.taylor@peachpubs.com

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Booked in to the embankment for one night. Easy check in, Room very clean and tidy. Plenty of space. Breakfast served in the usual area next to the bar with fresh croissants and jams, yoghurts and cereals. On this occasion I did not opt for the cooked. Perhaps on my next visit. !!
Easy check out. Very friendly staff.

Room Tip: I had room 110. Ideal for 1 person.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
jonathantaylorhotel, General Manager at Embankment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Hi Mark

Many thanks for your review. I am really please you had a comfortable stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Bedford.
Kind regards