“Great Premier Inn with Lakeside Location”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Bedford (Priory Marina) Hotel
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Bedford
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Great Premier Inn with Lakeside Location”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Lisa and I have stayed at Premier Inns all round the area, but this one made a fantastic romantic weekend getaway :-) We both Loved it and had a great weekend due to this fantastic Location, this is by far one of the better Premier Inn Locations. Friendly staff even though we arrived late. We were given a Quiet top floor room with all usual extra's.
The evening meal in our own little romantic cubical was fantastic, Breakfast was great as it always is, Cooked english to order and fresh fruit etc.
Great location for a morning stroll before we left for a day out in Bedford,
Highly recommended A+++++

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andy L
BedfordPI, Manager at Premier Inn Bedford (Priory Marina) Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Premier Inn Bedford Priory Marina.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your romantic getaway with us and hope that you will return to us soon. I have passed on your feedback to the rest of the team.

Hotel Team Leader

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Korean first
Orpington, England
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I'm a fan of Premier Inn's - particularly the one at Fosse Park (Braunstone South) so I had an idea of what to expect. I was disappointed. The room was not particularly well cleaned - although the beds were pristine - the previous occupants dirty items were left in the room and the bathroom bin has a used sanitary towel in it! The surfaces were a little dusty and the glasses and crockery shabby. We requested a quiet room - having booked a few weeks in advance - and got one next to the busy car park wih the lobby door banging in the night!

My daughter had never stayed in a Premier Inn and having told her how good they were - I was embarrassed that this one was so poor. All that being said - we wanted a good night's sleep and got one.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jrasher
BedfordPI, Manager at Premier Inn Bedford (Priory Marina) Hotel, responded to this review, 31 May 2013

We are disappointed that you weren't satisfied with every element of your stay and would like to reassure you that this isn't a reflection on our usual standards.

Please email us with your details so that we can prevent similar occurrences in the future. We would also like to reimburse you in line with our Good Night Guarantee.

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Stayed for one night but wished we could of stayed longer. Great room, great service from reception staff. Great meal deal with lovely food. The location is amazing with lots of walking routes in the priory country park on you doorstep. Will definately visit again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EMMA W

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will return to us soon. I have passed on your feedback to the rest of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to our hotel.

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I've stayed in Premier Inns on business several times and always received a consistently good level of service. On leisure trips we would normally go for somewhere a bit more upscale, but attending a friends wedding in Bedford this weekend and missing out on rooms at the hotel itself, we decided to stay at this Premier Inn.

My wife was pleasantly surprised, getting a good nights sleep in a comfy bed, and there was plenty of space in the room for all the baby paraphernalia that accompanies any trip out of the house. My son had no complaints about his travel cot either. We had breakfast at the Beefeater next door; and this was pretty good too, with a good range of hot and cold food and drinks available.

I think what raised the venue above the norm was the fantastically friendly attitude of the staff. They are a credit to this already excellent chain; and it's not a surprise this location is so highly rated.

Room Tip: Bit of a trek to the higher numbered rooms but quiet enough surroundings that a ground floor room is...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mackanory

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will return to us soon. I have passed on your fantastic comments to the rest of the team.

Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

My wife, 2 year old daughter and i have stayed in this hotel several times when visitibg family. It has always been very clean, well appointed with a fair amount of parking. Being set in thepriory marina gives it a really enviable location with great views and walks. The customer service has always been good, and staff gave my daughter free coloring materials without us asking. Would highly recommend.

Stayed February 2013
BedfordPI, Manager at Premier Inn Bedford (Priory Marina) Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2013
Dear begaret,

Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2013

My Daughter and I stayed at this wonderful hotel. somehow I managed to leave the lights on my car on all night. In the morning in a panic I spoke to Jen the receptionist.
She said OK, take your daughter to the play area and I will organise for your car to be started.
Meanwhile she phoned her stepson who was arrived within a few minutes and he delivered some jumpleads.
Jen took charge of the situation and got my car statred in no time.
Jen made a possible disaster for me look like a simple kids party and it was done within minutes.
I cant say enough to say thanks to her.

Thanks Premier Inn for wonderful staff. Oh! the hotel was very good

Room Tip: Chill out and enjoy the experience
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Vasco B
BedfordPI, Manager at Premier Inn Bedford (Priory Marina) Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Dear Vasco B

Manchester
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I arrived to a warm reception from the staff, at a typical style PremierInn.
The room as usual was fine and the shower hot.
The issue is when you are on the ground floor and someone walks on the floor above.
The floors creak and when the water is run the pipes cause other parts of the structure to creak and groan as well.
I was awoken when the occupant above returned to their room about eleven, which I could cope with. Unfortunately when they awoke at 6am and proceeded to move around the room, I just couldn't sleep through it.
Location is OK. Its a fair walk into Bedford and I wouldn't reccomend walking back along the river after dark.

Room Tip: Book a first floor room
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ManchesterGlen
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Bedford (Priory Marina) Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.