Center Parcs Woburn Forest
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Bedford
See available hotels
View Hotel
The Knife & Cleaver(Houghton Conquest)
6,204 results
All reviewspancake housewave poolcafe rougelazy riversports barshearing houseaqua sanaswimming areaexecutive lodgethe subtropical swimming paradisemain pool isgames roompottery paintinggreat funbed lodgevillage squareaerial adventure
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The parc itself is very good, but service in all restaurants is dreadful, you have to wait ages for everything and it is not cheap.
Suggest you cook at lodge all the time and not eat out. It's a shame as the overall look and quality of the place is great but this really let's it down as you are looking at £10-£15 per head for lunch and more for dinner.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Garth S
Reviewed 26 July 2014

had a lovely mid week break....lodge 806....with dog.... 2 teen boys and 2 adults...right on the edge of the park but still surrounded by forest.
lodge was very clean and comfy and although a basic dog lodge was the same as the executive quality of whinfell, sherwood and longleat, which was great as the dog lodges at sherwood and whinfell are pretty naf.
it is a bit hilly but nothing as bad as longleat and the site is much smaller
staff are friendly and helpful on the whole..apart from the sports bar where they wander around i their own little bar. waited 20 mins on a quiet night waiting for dinner order to be taken before giving up and ordering at the bar...the staff here werent much quicker and i had to wait another 10 mins to be served.
pancake house was great
strada was excellent
cafe rouge good
take away delivered exactly on time but wasnt keen on the meal
outdoor center staff excellent and did target archery, field archery and segway
tropical swimming center...what there was was great. the rides were excellent, rapids great fun, lazy river had us in stitches trying to get into rings then paddling round and the two bubble areas quite large.... . but the main pool was too small and not deep enough 1.5m at the deep end and nowhere to actually swim!!
wildlife seen included squirrels, woodpecker, hawk, pheasant, ducks, dragonflies and a stoat, which considering how new it is i thought was pretty good. no nature or ranger station which i missed
lovely but wont rush to go back

Room Tip: oaks are the flatest area, pine can be the hilliest, more central areas arent as private as they could be as the forest is a little sparse there
2  Thank karen a
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This was our second visit to Centre Parcs (Longleat last summer) wanted to try the new parc and a lot closer to home (90 minutes away). The site is more compact than Longleat and is hilly. Neither of these facts were an issue to us. On the whole the staff were polite and helpful. The accommodation was very nice indeed. We we're a little disappointed with our meal at Hucks but the staff made every effort to sort that out. We had a meal at Cafe Rouge, the meal was excellent but they ran out of spoons! How do you run out of spoons? We used the iphone app to book our activities and dinners, we didn't have any issues with wifi. Would just suggest that you don't take the app as gospel, it said the Cafe Rouge was fulll on Thursady evening. We phoned to book and they had plenty of space.

Room Tip: We stayed in Maple area. Up the hill but nice and quiet
1  Thank theGamblesDerby
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Having been associated with Center Parcs both as an employee and as a guest since 1987, I was excited to be taking my family to the new site. We have two 4 year olds who were very excited having visited both Sherwood and Elvedon in the past. The arrival procedure was slow but once through, the layout was easy to get used to. The main roads are two way because they are wider than the other sites and this can cause a bit of chaos at times compared to other sites on change over days. On arrival at the lodge, the new accommodation was superb but the glasses and cutlery were not very clean. Nothing a quick wash wouldn't solve though. I really liked the HDMI sockets on the wall which allows for laptops and tablets to be connected to the TV so that you can use the iPlayer (or a console). I found the wireless internet to be very good at a constant 4Meg in most areas including the street. The design of the lodges are much improved over previous designs but surely there is a big mistake by the designer in placing next door's bedroom window directly next to my patio. This is a major privacy issue mainly for the resident of the bedroom! This never happens at other sites. I was surprised by how hilly the site was. The lodges seem to be on a hillside with the facilities in the valley below. It will look great in the future when the vegetation has matured. The main issue is the fact that there are no footpaths and when walking around, it is lethal and quite stressful with two 4 year old's as bikes speed by at 20mph! Nobody follows the guidance which states "dismount" on hills - if you did, you would be walking everywhere. There really should be paths around like the other sites to remove that stress. We saw two accidents due to speed. I am sure that you have read all the comments about the pool area. Sadly, I have to agree. The fact that there is no swimming pool is a very poor design decision. The design of the wave pool is box like and grey. Again, this is a poor design choice as it is ugly and very small compared to the other sites. Also, no outdoor pool area, plunge pool or jacuzzi baths! It's as though all the best bits have been designed out of this one. The claims regarding this being the largest of all the pools is bizarre - it must be referring to the surface area of the facility. The lazy river is too slow compared to Elvedon and the rubber rings are pointless. Despite these issues, the other facilities for our 4 year old's were excellent - two different areas and the tornado ride, we went everyday and there is plenty of seating - they loved it. The whole wrist band concept and changing area is a fantastic idea and worked flawlessly. Next up were the outdoor play areas. There are two. One small and one medium, not enough in my opinion and opportunities missed to design one into a hillside. We also tried to walk around the lake but you cannot! the road just ends and I have to say that the lake is also very small compared to other sites. Finally, there are some pricing issues - one pint of real ale is £4.95! This is daylight robbery even by London standards. I enjoyed a fish finger bap in the sports cafe but £6.95 for three fish fingers and a cob with a few crisps? I was able to enjoy this as a consequence of being given a £30 meal voucher as compensation for some issues with our accommodation and I have to say that guest services and technical services were first class in this instance resolving my issues within one hour of reporting it. We ate mostly in our lodge and there are six of everything - you must bring your own sharp knife and frying pan if you want to cook anything for six people, the provided knife was blunt already and the non-stick pan small and scratched. I also endured a complex electric hob system, bring back gas I say. So to finish with the title of this review, it could have been amazing but some big mistakes keep it average for me and I would recommend that you visit Elvedon or Sherwood first if you have never visited a site before so that your opinion of Center Parcs is not formed based on this site. We will be returning to Elvedon for our next CP break.

Room Tip: Look carefully on the map and ask where the hills are before booking if they are an issue for you.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Bobster71
Reviewed 26 July 2014

When I booked this holiday break at Centre Parcs Woburn Forest , I had some trepidations ! I had last been to a Centre Parc resort in the Ninrteen Eighties . When I entered the accomodation then , I nearly left then and there as it was so basic . Wheweas , this time , I viewed the luxurious accomodation with my mouth wide open !!!! It was absolutely superb . I can honestly say that nothing spoilt my initial reaction for the whole holiday . The staff were kind , helpful and obliging . Nothing was too much trouble for them . There was something to do for any age . ( our party consisted of people from three to seventy ) . Amazingly nothing that we tried was overpriced The supermarket charged the same as our local supermarket . The dining out was great , as an example of value , The Teddy-bears picnic gave our two youngsters a full hour of fun including face painting , adventure walk , storytelling , a packed lunch , a free twelve inch large brown teddy bear each , as well as an individual photo standing with a man dressed up as Rupert the Bear and all for under Ten Pounds each ! AMAZING !!!!!!!

Room Tip: It is worth paying the extra fifty pounds for a central location