“Fantastic weekend!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bedford
Center Parcs Woburn Forest
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This CP is wonderfully under occupied as it stands so go there before they move into phase two with their villas which I am assuming will happen in the near future! The benefits include..... Swimming pool - hardly any queues for the fantastic rides and a quiet parc market. The staff in restaurants, bike hire, swimming pool and at customer services really could not do much more to make your stay a memorable one. Special mention to Warren - pool manager - incredibly accommodating to my mother who was in a mobility scooter (permission for her to use a side gate to sit alongside outdoor rapids) and Brazilian waiter in Shearings and young Lilli in there too. Shearings manager clearly leads the way with his approach to customer services! Best restaurant on site if you want a decent menu, fab service and no screaming children in a play area!!! Sit outside on the terrace.... Blankets and patio heaters provided! Great views both at night and during the day! Cafe Rouge and Strada offer mediocre food in comparison and on the night we visited both establishments had to endure children totally unsupervised by their parents screaming in play areas!!! I really felt sorry for the staff working here - it is clearly am issue!
We stayed in Oak in a new style exec and it was superb!!! Bathrooms first class.., showers to die for! Please be warned though .. Many villas have steep steps leading to the doors and no slopes wide enough for mobility scooter or childrens trailer on bikes!
Aqua Sana was truly sublime!!! Strange positioning of infinity pool though... Next to walkway!!!
The pool is very different to other CPs but if you want to find a quiet area to sit during peak times ... You can find one!!!! Rapids not that exciting but all outdoor and great fun! Lots of fun rides to make up for minute main wave pool - we didn't bother with it.
There are not as many activities on offer yet as other CPs but to not feel totally overwhelmed by large numbers of people wherever you go I can put up with this!
It is hilly - ensure you check on booking exactly where your villa will be!
We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank lovely66

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We all had a fab time at Center Parcs. The kids were very happy and loved it. The wristbands are a great idea and so handy for the swimming pool lockers and easy to access lodge. We did find our lodge very hot at night and didn't want to sleep with the windows wide open for security reasons. It would be nice to have fans or air conditioning. It is very hilly in Woburn, so quite tiring for both walking and cycling. We have been to Sherwood and Elveden and did prefer the other two so won't return to Woburn. The kids do love wildlife and currently there is none at all at Woburn. Overall, we did all have a great time and it was lovely to see everyone so happy and relaxed.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Only suitable for kids under 10. Too small in every respect with no need for bikes other than for those with very young kids eho need to be pulled along in a trailer. Despite the lack of room they still allow Segways on the same paths. They even have hills thar the Tour De France would tremble at where you have to walk up. The highlight is sitting in the Strada restaurant and being able to watch people walk around naked in their lodges oblivious to their lack of privacy. Dont ask the Parc to deal with rowdy neighbours keeping everyone awake at midnight to deal with them within an hour. Dont expect the place to be kept tidy with bins full before noon and empty drinks still in the same place 4 hours later when you return. Snooker equipment falling apart already and Ten Pin played in dark lanes described as neon lighting. Service is slow and amateurish in all restaurants although food is generally pretty good. The lake is nothing more than a large pond and so many dead ends when cycling you again question the need for bikes which was for us a waste of money. The swimming area and rapids are dreadful and only suitable for again young kids. Beware the water slide which will leave you with a bad back as it is poorly made and leavesvery your spine bruised . Overall very poor and over priced however this should not discourage you from visiting CP just this one. If you have kids over 12 or no kids at all then give the other centres a go as they are everything this is not.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Colin D
linda_pike, Guest Services Executive at Center Parcs Woburn Forest, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Hi there, thank you for your review.

As previously stated we welcome all feedback however, I was sorry to hear that Woburn Forest is not for you.

We do feel that we offer something for all ages and have introduced a Lazy River and a new Family Play Area within our Subtropical Swimming Paradise not to mention the exciting Tornado, Twister and Typhoon rides however, I appreciate this is not your opinion.

Kind regards
Linda Pike
Guest Services Executive

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We have been to Centre Parcs before to Elveden which has a real forest feel. Woburn being a new site, was obviously not as green, though I am sure it will be once all the thousands of plants they have put in get bigger.

The 4 bed adapted lodge was fabulous for my disabled parents as was the free bus that helped them get around the parc so they could watch their grandchildren having fun doing loads of activities. My gripe with the lodhe is that there were no instructions on how to use the cooker - I resorted to ringing guest services after some frustration. Having 2 fridges was I have to say very sensible however the cooking pots were not big enough for a party of 8.

I am vegetarian and gluten free. The staff around the park were all very knowledgable and helpful. It is a shame that the cafe in the pool area could only provide me with a salad that met my needs as the chips were fried in the same oil as the onion rings so would have made me ill. Thankfully Starbucks had a gluten free wrap which was delicious!

The staff were really friendly and the children had a fabulous time and so apart from a couple of problems the holiday was a great sucess which is a challenge when your party ranges in age from 11 to 70!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I've been visiting Centreparcs for years now and was really looking forward to seeing the new centre at Woburn. Unfortunately I was not impressed.

Pool complex
As other reviewers have said the wave pool is far too small. It is overcrowded at all times and not big enough to swim in. There is only a tiny outside pool - also overcrowded.

Aerobics studio
Only went once. Half way through the class someone came in and turned the music down low. It was a zumba dance class so this really zapped the fun from the class. (The instructor was excellent though.)

Aqua Sana
This was very disappointing. I booked a reflexology treatment that was meant to last 55 mins but actually lasted no more than 30 minutes! It wasn't even a great treatment. Wish I'd asked for my money back now.

Lake
The boating lake is very small. It gets very overcrowded. Perhaps that is why I saw so many people on kayaks fall in? (But the person who helped us on to our boat was great.)

Roads
The paths and roads seem overcrowded. I got hit by a bike one day!

This place is not a peaceful retreat. It is jam packed with people, bikes and numerous vans driving round and round.

Despite all my criticisms above I did have a very good time with my family. I found the majority of staff to be very polite and very helpful. And of course the villas, being brand new, were very nice.

But I wouldn't choose to go back to this site. I think Centreparcs had the opportumity to do something great at Woburn but have fallen miserably short.

1  Thank Pauline_LonUK
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

A great place to stay for a long weekend.

Things they don't tell you on broacher.

For proper of road biking cycle to the entrance and there is a bridal path round out side fence just keep going right / left.

Food all restaurant food on site is made off site so I just microwave dinners. If you want good food (will take large parties try mk45 3la bistro pub called knife and cleaver.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank PeterBla
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We have just returned from a Monday to Friday break. Overall it was a fantastic week - we were lucky with the weather! The accommodation was lovely and as there were 8 of us this year, we went for a 4 bed lodge with games room and sauna. As we had a slightly disabled member of the party, we opted to stay in the central area which was so convenient to all facilities. In fact, if you are in this area, there is little need to hire bikes as everything is in minutes of the accommodation by foot. One thing we did think though in the accommodation was that in the games room it had a xbox 1 but to use it, you have to hire controls and of course games so we wished we had realised this beforehand. The cycle parks could do with being enlarged as nearly all of them were fully utilised which meant you had to lock your bike to the fencing in places. Restaurants do seem a little slow with service but maybe this is because it is the first busy season so with experience, this could improve. Couldn't fault Aqua Sana - excellent experience! The new wristbands are a brilliant idea and save searching for £1 coins for lockers and carrying keys around - we didn't use the facility of adding cash credit to them on this occasion. Overall everyone really enjoyed as we always do at CP!

1  Thank Sheena6352
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Woodland Manor Hotel
Novotel Milton Keynes
Novotel Milton Keynes
#7 of 35 in Milton Keynes
Travelodge Bedford Marston Moretaine
Travelodge Bedford Marston Moret...
#1 of 1 in Marston Moretaine
Bedford Swan Hotel
Bedford Swan Hotel
#7 of 18 in Bedford

Been to Center Parcs Woburn Forest? Share your experiences!