“Great for kids!”
Review of Bernie & Gemma's Cafe Play - CLOSED

Bernie & Gemma's Cafe Play
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Such a lovely place to take children- my son (15 months) loves it. The food is great for children and adults. I saw a review on here saying the food is over priced- I would not agree at all I think it is very reasonable, there is also Lots of choices.
It is very clean and a lovely atmosphere

1  Thank Jennifer C
There are newer reviews for Bernie & Gemma's Cafe Play

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Great service, perfect place to take your kids let them socialise, enjoy good food/drinks, take part in activities or just PLAY!

1  Thank Sukhvinder S
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Bernie and Gemma's café play was recommended to me by my sister-in-law, and when I saw that they had a session of Hartbeeps on I decided to go along to the session and try it out, I'm so glad I did!
-Great choice of food and drink for all ages, it was fresh and delicious. There are even things for babies! Children's drinks can also be served in a cup with a lid too. I've never been to a place where they cater for such a age range of children.
-The place is much bigger than I thought it would be, a great buggy park at the front of the café.
-Great toys to play with.
-Fun sessions on all the time, as I mentioned above we attended a Hartbeeps session, they have messy play and clay making things on also. (you have to book places)
-The changing facilities and cleanliness of the toilets were great. There are 2 large toliets in the ladies, each cubical has a drop down baby change! Big enough for me, my 1 + 3 year old and massive change bag. Steps so little ones can reach the basins.
-I emailed them to ask about where to park and Gemma who runs it was sooo helpful, she also sent me a menu so I could see what food they provide. She was very quick to respond to me too as one email I sent about 8pm and she replied that night!
-Gemma is lovely and friendly.
-There are loads of high chairs and booster seats for the children, they're really good ones too.
Need I say more, this is a great place!

1  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Love this place. Coffees are always good, service is always with a smile. The food is super healthy and so many options for kids including babies, no chips or nuggets in sight. The activities are varied and there is plenty to keep us busy till the little one is about 7 years old. It's so nice to be somewhere where kids are more than welcome, catered for and I can have a coffee whilst m y toddler runs around. The cafe is sectioned into areas which give loads to explore. We visit twice a week and will continue to do so!

1  Thank Charity M
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

This place is just wonderful, an absolute gem for parents and children alike. Where to start - lovely little soft play area..quiet room...reading area..fish ranks..huge train set..all surrounded by lovely big comfy couches for you to sit. AND all set aside from the dining area , you just let the kids go daft and enjoy your cuppa. If you order food you are called through when it's ready, no playing time is wasted! We had breakfasts which were lovely and we loved the tea being served in huge big mugs - just what every parent needs. Owners are super friendly and it's such a great place - could have easily stayed all day. My boy had an absolute ball and fell asleep the minute we left. Successful trip all round, thanks guys!

1  Thank janeyamo