“A tremendous birthday lunch!”
Review of Amici

Amici
Reserve with OpenTable
Amici is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 420 Restaurants in Bedford
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: AMICI is a traditional Italian & Mediterranean restaurant in the centre of Bedford. With its warm and intimate atmosphere, it is the ideal setting for any occasion, lunchtime or evening. We strive to offer the best quality of food freshly prepared on the premises combined with an unrivalled customer service. We cater for most dietary requirements (gluten-free, vegetarian, halal...Etc) and can accommodate parties of up to 40 people also covered (Courtyard) garden available at back of the restaurant with seats of 35 people.
Bedford, United Kingdom
“A tremendous birthday lunch!”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We went with a pre-booked party of relatives and friends for my 60th birthday lunch. The table looked beautiful, the food was wonderful (although some friends commented that the starters were so big they struggled with the main course!), the wine was good and nothing was too much trouble for Halil. I had a really special day, thank you.

• Visited July 2013

• Polish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Valentines”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

This restaurant is really brought to life by its beautiful food and even more beautiful staff me and my wife visited on valentines to be met with a smile and glass of bubbly even tho the nights food was a set menu it was freshly made, immaculately presented and very well priced I will visit again without doubt. Thank you Halil and staff for an enjoyable night.

• Visited February 2013
St Neots, United Kingdom
“I'm not sure...”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Some sunday's evening I was with my boyfriend hungry so we went to Bedford to Amici. Restaurant was empty, only we and weitress. She was nice. For the starters I had mussels but I asked for this dish with creamy white wine sause, cause I dont like mussels with tomato sause. And my bfriend Goats cheese crostini. He liked this but my mussels doest good, I think was to long cooked and the sause was very thin, like water, not like creamy sause. For mains we order Salmone al prosciutto and Anatra al Gorgonzola (duck). And I have to said - the mains was really good, was delicious. We didn't dessert cause the weitress didn't give us dessert menu so we get a bill. When we left I took this menu to have a look and in this moment she said we can eat something sweet but was too late. So, if you want only eat some so you can go to this place, but not if you want eat quickly cause we waiting for a starters 20 min. And this is not good place for a date. And we spend about 60GBP for only 2 starters, 2 mains, 2 glasses of juce and 1 glass of wine, so is a little bit too expensive.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Kinga S
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Buonissimo”
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

Visited Amici due to good reviews while staying in Bedford. We weren't disappointed. Service was friendly and welcoming and you can tell that the owners really want to try and please you while you are visiting.

Good choice on menu, plenty of pasta and meat options. We had insalate caprese and calamari to start, shared of course. Both were lovely. For mains my wife had pasta Norma which she really enjoyed and I had risotto jardinara which had lots of lovely asparagus in it and was nice and creamy. Weren't going to have dessert as we were full but couldn't resist in the end and had tartufo limoncello which was gorgeous.

Would definitely return if in Bedford as the owners are really nice and the food is good. Nice atmosphere as well - other diners were friendly and seemed to be enjoying their meals too.

Grazie Amici

Visited July 2013
1 Thank symeonpye
“The best fillet steak for miles.”
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

Wife and I went on our wedding anniversary. We loved the food (fillet steak) cooked to perfection. Waitress was very attentive. The venue had a very nice atmosphere. Reasonable priced. Will go there again soon.

• Visited June 2013