Deeside Inn
Loch Kinord Hotel(Dinnet)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$125
Huntly Arms(Aboyne)
US$119
  • Breakfast included
US$79
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Glen Clova Hotel(Milton of Clova)
US$167
US$153
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Tor-na-Coille(Banchory)(Great Value!)
US$98
Burnett Arms Hotel(Banchory)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$103
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewslounge and dining roomno liftpublic roomssteakthe ground floorstreet parkingopen fireboth nightsshort breaka bit tiredcooked to perfectionfirst classbed and breakfastsalmona lovely stayjoannafires
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We weren't residents of the hotel but visited for dinner. Food was ok but service was haphazard to say the least. Despite saying we were not hotel guests we had to sign for our meal and our drinks - a bit weird huh. Chef must have had a good deal on mushrooms as soup, set menu and chef's special all had mushrooms. Plus, our steaks came with loads of mushrooms too. Strange desert of defrosted profiteroles and vodka jelly. Other desert was a cheesecake that had to be sent back as it was frozen. Waitress then asked me if it was ok if it could be defrosted under the heat lamp! As we dined, another waitress walked around with an old bucket of cutlery laying out for breakfast service. When our steks came we he to explain to the waitress whose was whose and the difference between a fillet and sirloin. Music played loudly on loop with starship's "we built this city on rock and roll" a memorable highlight. No sparkling water available and the £17 Grenache Syrah red wine was awful. The actual food tasted ok and as a resturant for food as part of your hotel stay it is probably more than adequate but with so many nice restaurants to choose from locally I have to say there are probably better options for pure dining.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I stayed here with my partner in May, having been bought a Groupon deal entitling us to Dinner, Bed and Breakfast for 2 nights.

The hotel and room itself were fine- the bathroom was a little rickety and bare, but had a heated towel rail and hot water, which was all we really needed for warming up and drying socks. The bedroom was clean, comfortable and warm and had everything needed- but no hairdryer, be warned. The lovely lounge with a fire is great before dinner.

The service was very friendly, but also very haphazard. Things were forgotten or left longer than usual, and the waiter seemed determined that we didn't come to breakfast before 10am- we tried to help out by coming down later than others at 9.30am, but were told we should've stayed in bed longer! But as I said, everyone we spoke to was very friendly.

In the restaurant, we were handed two menus with no explanation as to which was included in the DBB package and which would would cost extra. The menus themselves didn't explain this either, and we ended up ordering from the not included a la carte menu both nights- nothing was said to us until the final night when the waiter said 'ah, I'll have to charge you for that I'm afraid'. I'm unsure why he chose our dessert order on our final night to explain this to us?? However, the manager did very fairly agree not to charge us for anything extra.

The food was disappointing and dry, although if we'd ordered from the right menu it probably would've been much nicer. The included wine looked and tasted like it had been bulk bought in cheaply as well.

Breakfast however was delicious, with a good choice of continental and cooked and set us up perfectly.

On our second night, some other guests stayed up in the lounge for most of the night, which happened to be below our room. The noise was awful and every laugh, shout, shriek, conversation and lewd joke crystal clear. At one point music came on and dancing started! At midnight and again at 1am we went down to speak to the night porter about this, but it didn't stop. I pointed out that I understood they were paying guests too but the noise was intolerable. I eventually fell asleep with the pillow over my ears.

Finally, staff should wear uniforms or dress smartly at least. I couldn't tell who was working and who wasn't, as housekeepers, porters and waitresses were wearing Uggs, track suits and hoodies when on duty. Not professional at all. I've worked in hospitality for several years and still do in a 5 star hotel. I've tried to be as fair as possible- the location is great, the hotel is what is expected for a 3 star hotel, but there are a lot of things that could be done to pull it up to meet the prices charged. I think hopefully though that may slowly be happening.

Room Tip: Stay, but ask for a quiet room, and leave yourself the option to eat out.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We enjoyed our 2 night break at the refurbished Deeside Inn. We had a very nice room and food was excellent. Friendly, helpful staff and entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights was very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Front facing rooms have nice view
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tricia042
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Stayed here for a couple of days and had a fab relaxing time. Staff were friendly and accommodating, room was clean and comfortable and the food was absolutely amazing.

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank Staceface86
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Booked a weekend stay here and I will never return!! Where to start..... Never in my life have we been subjected to such appalling service! The room was fine although unhoovered. The beige (?!!) carpet in the corridor was filthy. The walls are paper thin and you can hear everything your neighbours say/do. The fire alarms went off both nights and we ended up leaving early as it woke us up and we couldn't get back to sleep as there was a domestic going on in another room! The restaurant service was a complete disaster, run by 2 teenage girls who unsupervised spent most of their shift having a good banter elsewhere which could be heard by all the diners who were left unattended. No ones plates were cleared, in fact our starter plates were still on our table when our main courses arrived and the waitress just left them on a nearby table and still didn't clear them to the kitchen. One of the waitresses was clearly still wearing her school uniform ( on a Saturday night!!) which was filthy, black collar and cuffs and covered in pen! I travel regularly and this was by far the worst hotel experience I have had. All the guests felt the same and the fire alarm was the final straw! It is such a shame as the food was good and the decor was fine but the experience made faulty towers seem like the epitome of excellence! Poor poor show!!!

• Stayed: June 2012