We had a room on the ground floor which was very handy for getting the bags in and out. The room was generally fine, and I don't usually suggest that a room needs updating if it is reasonable. However, this one seemed to suffer from damp and mould, particularly in the bathroom. This is a cold and wet part of Scotland, but stunningly beautiful, so understandably older buildings have issues. On the upside, the room was quiet, the additional room we had upstairs seemed to be in better condition, and the lounge and restaurant have a lot of atmosphere and are nicely decorated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Deeside Inn is an authentic Highland inn situated in the picturesque village of Ballater in the heart of Royal Deeside - a few miles away from Balmoral Castle, the Queen's summer home. Only an hour's drive from Aberdeen, this part of the Cairngorms is world famous for its stunning scenery and offers some of the best walking, climbing, mountain biking, river fishing and wildlife watching in Scotland. We can arrange a huge range of outdoor activities on behalf of our guests. The inn itself is welcoming and cosy with open log fires, wooden floors, tartan carpets, comfy tweed furnishings and well appointed comfortable bedrooms. In our Ceilidh bar we offer over 40 Scottish single malts and hearty Highland dishes, and also host fantastic traditional music sessions every other Wednesday. In our brasserie style restaurant we offer an a la carte and grill menu, which feature game, salmon and Highland beef. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and LateRooms so you can book your Deeside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Deeside Hotel Ballater
- Deeside Inn Ballater, Scotland