“Excellent food, choice and service........ A real gem in the heart of Altrincham tucked away in a courtyard!”
Review of Francs Restaurant - CLOSED

Francs Restaurant
Price range: US$13 - US$38
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Brentwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Dined here with friends for lunch on Thursday 7 August . Fantastic choice , all loved both our starters and mains ! Beautifully cooked and presented with a very good choice of menu for a lunchtime. Highly recommend Francs .

• Visited August 2014

• Czech first
Manchester, UK
“wonderful...couldn't be better”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I visited Francs for the first time for sunday lunch with 2 friends (we had escaped, leaving our babies with their dad's for the day!). We had booked a table although the restaurant was fairly quiet. We were greeted and seated quickly and offered a drink, I chose the pinot grigio which was lovely. After looking at the sunday menu ( 2 courses for £16.95) we asked if we could see the dessert menu to decided whether a starter or dessert would be our best option. This was brought to us and we all chose mains (with a view to having a dessert). Two of us had the beef and one the lamb. I had beef and it was delicious, came with lots of veg (the potatoes were beautiful) and also two extra dishes of cauliflower cheese and red cabbage which were lovely. We asked for more gravy and this was brought quickly. We then had dessert, two of us chose the tarte au citron and one the paris brest (I think that was what it was called!). I had the tarte which was lovely and lemony with a crisp caramel top. My friend who has the paris brest asked if the sauce could be changed to chocolate instead of coffee and this was done without fuss. All in all a delicious meal, good value for money and the waiter could not have been more pleasant and accommodating - I get the impression that what ever we had requested would not have been too much trouble! Would definitely go again (might even take the husband and baby!).

• Visited August 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Its not average, its not very good. So good and could do better”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Dined her with my family on Friday evening the bistro was already busy. We were seat on a rather oversized table for a party of 3 (which was not the first time we have had a oversized or undersized table for the party).

We were seated but offered no menus as they were all out (seriously), we were swiftly brought a basket of warm bread (great touch) the waiter took a drinks order, which took longer than I would have expected and we waited 15 minutes for menus. We were dining at 745 and by the time they took our order the two of the dishes has run out of the set menu but the waiter had not kept us informed. The constant theme when I dine here is average service and good food. We changed our order. to allow for the lack of choice. The starters were generous and delicious we had Saucisse Toulouse with Sauerkraut and Cajun Crabcakes. For mains I had lamb steak and Steak all dishes were just as described and were good with the exception of the Potato Dauphinoise. What a disappointment, I was served potatoes sliced and cooked in cheese. I brought this to the attention of the waiter who apologised for the bland looking dish...and insisted it was corrected despite my willingness to share the other potato dish. Five minutes later I was presented with the same dish which had been flashed under a grill! I could not believe that a French bistro would not serve the perfect rich and luxurious dish - next time I'll opt for the chips!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank louisesw
“Good value and delicious, what more could you want?”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We went here for a least minute special meal.
There was not much space as the restaurant was very busy but they managed to accommodate us and we were quiet comfortable although we were not able to sit directly opposite each other.

The food was cooked to perfection and the service was good. Despite being busy.

As one of the more formal restaurants in Altrincham I would recommend a trip here.

• Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely food”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We went there twice, portions was good size, food was delicious, waiter is friendly and recomendation was very succes.

Visited July 2014