“HORRIBLE HOTEL !”

Britannia Ashley Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Altrincham
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Do not stay at this hotel It is absolutely filthy ! We arrived late after getting off the plane and felt like we d arrived at the Norman Bates Motel in the film Psycho. My daughters and I were so creeped out we barracaded our door and could not sleep! Could not wait to leave early the next day . It was a horrible scruffy and dirty hotel . There was dust everywhere and dirty tissues under the beds . This place should carry a government health warning . Dont know how it stays open!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed here end of July before an early flight, thank god we only had a couple of hours to sleep. When we checked in they couldn't find the key to our allocated room so changed it, couldn't find the second key either! Whilst behind us a member of staff was debating whether they should break someone's bedroom door down as the key wouldn't work and the guests belongings were still in the room. All of the furniture was disgustingly tatty and dirty across the whole hotel. The lift has graffiti etched into the door. I did not believe this was in Hale Village, infact we couldn't find it to begin with as it's above a coffee shop- wish we had carried on and stayed in Travelodge at least they don't pretend to be something they are not.
I cannot comment on the standard of food as we would have refused to eat there anyway.
There is no amount of money that can make me class this as a reasonable price for what you get.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I've stayed in many hotels a lot of which of similar cost to this one but this one really wasn't good in the hygiene department. You can see where the maids haven't hoovered where the years and years worth of dust has gathered around chair legs etc. A piece of cheese (I think) was stuck to the wall behind the TV near the plug sockets, silverfish in the bathroom, splats on the wall near the kettle which needless to say I didn't dare use. Bed wasn't made all week, luckily I am adept in shuffling sheets around myself. Mould around the windows and cobwebs in the corners. Shower curtain FILTHY so felt I needed another shower afterwards! Pillows like pancakes - I had all four and still ended up with a bad neck. Wifi only works in the bar which is not very helpful when I had work to do - I do not want to sit working in a noisy bar! The "desk" in the room comes with a stool high enough not to be able to pull under so no work could be done here either. Doors need some improvement - I was awoken at 5am one morning to doors slamming on my floor. All in all I would not stay here again if I was paid.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We used this hotel as a stop over before an early flight from Manchester airport. The hotel is quite basic, but it suited our needs sufficiently well. If you want a big luxury hotel, this isn't for you. If you require something simple with limited facilities, you could do worse than this one.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GerMar60
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Expected a basic hotel from the price but didn't expect a run down, grubby place like this to exist in the centre of an up market village like Hale. The foyer told the story from the start with its filthy carpet. None of the carpets looked as if they'd been hoovered in months. There was thick dust under our bed along with a discarded bottle top. The bar at the entrance had an array of worn and ripped chairs just like the ones in the bedrooms!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel is most terrible hotel I've stayed in my life. Check-in was great, staff is friendly and helpfull. just after that we felt like we are in the hell or we are in camera joke or something. This hotel deffinetly needs to be shut down.I attached all the photos which I complait about. Hotel is too old but if they spend just a little , hotel could be OK,This shows mentality of the manegament.We had to change 5 rooms. All the rooms have hot pipes around the walls, and windows can only be open little. Not enought air circulation.Imagine ,in the summer 30C outside, and you have kind of heatting system on in your room and you cant open the window that you can get a little fresh air , and there is no air condition or vantilator at all.please do not stay espacially if you have health problem( it is too risky). Rooms( I have seen 5) and all the hotel are terribly dirty and no hygien at all( please see the photo of bath mat , door and bath curtain)

Room Tip: Do not stay corner rooms during summer , because they have more hot pipes all around room. Believe m...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ayca V
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Basic rooms, which is fine, if that is all you need. But the windows can only open a fraction, so there is such little ventilation, and the windows work like a greenhouse. It was 39C in the room the other NIGHT - no exaggeration. There is a tiny desk fan that is supposed to keep you cool, of course it doesn't work. Red hot pipes through every room, that cannot be turned down/off as they provide hot water to the building. It's bloody horrific in the summer! DO NOT STAY, STAY SOMEWHERE COOLER! Fine in winter, I would imagine...

Stayed: July 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Altrincham
1 mi away
Best Western Cresta Court Hotel
Travelodge Altrincham Central
Mercure Altrincham Bowdon Hotel
Premier Inn Manchester Altrincham Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North

Been to Britannia Ashley Hotel? Share your experiences!