“Lovely”

Warrington, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Hot food warm welcome lovely staff can't wait to get back here drop in its well worth it I'm shocked more ppl are not in here ill be a frequent visitor

Visited April 2013

Warrington, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

We went here for lunch what an amazing experience food was hot and served well amazing place to drop into looking forward to going again keep up the good work

• Visited April 2013
“Service lacking”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We visited on a Saturday lunch having pre-booked for a party of five including one wheelchair and when we arrived we were shown to our table and were just left to sort ourselves out - no offer of any assistance. We were given the menus and then left for about 10 minutes before we were asked if we wanted to order drinks and it was about another 15 minutes before we were asked if we were ready to order food - no apology for the wait. It's a pity because the food was actually very good - a bit overpriced at full prices but quite acceptable at the 50% off all food offer. Would think twice about a return visit.

• Visited March 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Home at lunchtime (Little Bollington)”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Went for lunch. Good value, however only one vegetarian choice. As this was one of the, very few, veggies I dislike, meant that I had to have a starter. Again little choice and ended up with salad and chips: both of which very good.
My companion's meat option, was apparently very good and certainly was well presented.
So good for traditional, but pretty poor for veggie.
The restaurant has been nicely decorated and would be good for business, friends and family get togethers.
AT time of my visit, there was a 50% off offer. Even so, the prices would have been very reasonable.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank ElwynRM
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Not The Same Standard as Previous Visits”
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I come here often on Monday nights with my mates as its great value at 2 courses for £7 or pay the difference if dearer. After many visits I knew which meals to avoid and which to request which to be honest all were OK but I had my favourites.

We all turned up one Monday night in February 2013 and it was closed so I knew to phone early March to check when it opened so we turned up last night 11th March and 7 of us dined with the bonus of 50% off the food bill.

The first thing we all noticed was that the previous offers that we were used to were gone from the menu and the prices had increased a lot per course, ie around £3 per same main course but with this 50% offer all but 2 of us had steaks and we all enjoyed them. One had a burger and that was ok I heard but my mate who had the curry said it was the worst one he had ever had and it looked it. The onion bhajis looked like Iceland specials and the naan bread was sliced french stick and the whole meal was priced at £11.95 before discount I think and at 50% off was still not worth it based on taste (so I was told). I do think if you want a curry then go for an Indian but he ordered it as it was nice previously.

The service was good though and the staff were friendly but different than previous visits.

Something on this recent visit has left a negative thought with regard to dining here again at the much higher price than usual. I fear a disappointment on my next visit if paying full price and I am thinking new management or new chef tipped the balance for me. Previous visits I think they had an outside caterer in but there was no van there last night.

Being lads out on a Monday night we look for good food and good offers and we probably wont eat at Home again based on price as other gastro pubs do it better for around the same price.

My ratings are based on this visit only!!

• Visited March 2013