“A lovely place to break our journey.”
Review of Birtles Farm

Birtles Farm
Ranked #3 of 6 Altrincham B&B and Inns
Iver, United Kingdom
“A lovely place to break our journey.”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Myself and my daughter stayed at Birtles Farm on our way home from Scotland to England, because it was winter I thought it best to break our journey half way. Where I can I like to stay in b&b's or little hotels rather than your bigger more well known hotels down the M6. Birtles Farm was a delight for me and my 4 year old. She just loved the animals on the farm and Toby the dog was very friendly. Birtles Farm House was lovely, very clean, cosy & modern. Both Sharon and Dave were so helpful and friendly. I will definitely stop off again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We chose this place to stay for an overnight after a football game at Old Trafford. We checked in during the afternoon and were glad we arrived in daylight as we drove past a barn full of cows, through farm outbuildings before we arrived at the house. Sharon greeted us very warmly and took us up to our room - which was delightful but we were very disappointed not to have an en suite, especially as my husband had phoned months in advance to make sure we would get an en suite. The private bathroom was just next door and was well appointed with a bath and shower over, and lovely snuggly bathrobes were provided, but it was very inconvenient to make a night time visit. However, the plusses outweighed this only minus - the bed was very comfortable, the bed linen, pillows and towels were top quality. Despite the proximity of cows and horses there weren't any animal smells or noises and we had a wonderful night's sleep. Breakfast was freshly cooked, generous portions and the coffee was the best out of a cafetiere! Will certainly go back and recommend. For pre-match dinner we went to Estia Taverna in Trafford Bar, see separate review, which we very much recommend!

Room Tip: Cross your fingers you get what you booked. But go anyway!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2013

close to the airport with personal pick up that was already a good start.
the house was very cozy and i felt like home.
Breakfast was very english and good.
You could see that they were doing it for many many years already so it was for them more of a routine but who can blame the owners.

I enjoyed my stay and i wouldnt find on thing to complain about.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Norfolk
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We booked for 2 nights as we attended an event at Old Trafford (the Rugby League World Cup Final) and didn't want to stay in Manchester. Lucky for us we stumbled across Birtles Farm, where Sharon provides probably the most comfortable and welcoming B&B we have visited. Our room was delightful, breakfast was delicious and the setting is amazing.

Shame the game at Old Trafford was a bit of a damp squib ...

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Devon
Reviewed 28 November 2013

From the text on the morning of my arrival, to welcome me and offer assistance to find the farm, I cannot fault anything about Birtles Farm, a working farm in an extremely quiet location.
I stayed overnight to break a journey from the south of England to the north and was so pleased I chose this B&B. The friendly welcome from Sharon was just right. No long speech of where everything is and how everything works - like you get at some B&B's. I was travelling on my own and had the family room to myself at a very reasonable rate. The room was nicely furnished and the bed extremely comfortable with a snuggly duvet. It was a cold night and my radiator didn't seem to be working but Sharon brought me a panel heater straight away so I was warm.
The soft, fluffy bathrobe was a nice touch in an en suite room - as was the selection of tea bags. The shower cubicle was larger than normal which I appreciated. Breakfast was freshly cooked to order with and served with lovely granary toast - delicious!
All in all I was very impressed with my stay and would be more than happy to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Grantham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We arrived quite late. Very friendly host Sharon showed us our room. Lovely decor, small en-suite. No wifi could be connected to either of our iPads and neither of our phones. Sharon offered to help but it was late so we didn't bother. In my opinion I felt that the pillows had seen better days plus the quilt was feather and I am allergic to feathers so that wasn't good. Perhaps I should have called beforehand to check. The breakfast was plentiful and quite nice. Although I felt slightly embarrassed sitting opposite complete strangers to eat on one large table.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shandylincs
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Have stayed at Birtles on several occasions. Run by Sharon always very freindly. A busy b&b. Good parking, local pub near by does not serve food every week day evening so check before otherwise use Travel Inn a short drive away. Would recomend but book early.

Room Tip: Near by pub does not serve food every day during the evenings, travel inn a short drive away ok for...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Altrincham
Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre
Best Western Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel
Travelodge Altrincham Central
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Mercure Altrincham Bowdon Hotel
Cottons Hotel & Spa
Cottons Hotel & Spa
#2 of 9 in Knutsford

Been to Birtles Farm? Share your experiences!