“friendly staff”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Altrincham
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
“friendly staff”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Helpful staff throughout our stay were friendly and helpful. The room was immaculate and really comftable was already set up and family friendly. Breakfast was amazing and again the staff were so helpful , would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed over here for one night, myself, my husband and our 1 year old. The location was easy to get to, it was on a main road and hiding just behind the George and Dragon pub as other reviewers have said, I was glad I knew that as I knew the premier inn was just behind the pub.

The car park is free to those staying in the premier inn, I don't think it that is immediately clear from the parking signs, I thought you had to pay then get a refund, but just pop into reception with your car reg and they will give you a free parking pass.

The receptionists throughout our stay were some of the friendliest I have come across in the premier inn, lots of smiling and really helpful when we wanted to book a table in the neighbouring restaurant.

The room was a family room and was more than big enough for us, it had a king size bed and two singles plus enough room for a travel cot and still room to move. The room was very warm and the windows didn't open very much for safety reasons but between the open windows and the fan provided, the room cooled down. It was really warm outside though ~25 degrees in the day so it is to be expected to some degree. The room had everything we needed, tea, coffee, a kettle, a hairdryer, space to hang clothes, two mirrors and plenty of plugs. The way I judge a bathroom's cleanliness is whether I can bare to sit down in the bath and have a bath or whether I need to jump in and out and hope the awful shower curtain doesn't stick to me.....luckily this Premier Inn was spotless, as was the bath so we happily had a bath!! One thing to note is that the hotel is on a busy road so there was traffic but not enough to detract from our sleep.

The place overall could do with a lick of paint and new carpets in the hallways but the rooms felt like they had been made-over more recently than the hallways. Overall it didn't bother me too much.

The pub nextdoor was typical pub food, wasn't too bad except I thought the fish and chips which is traditionally a cheapish meal at £9.65 was a bit expensive and was only OK. Definitely edible but I've had better. Staff in there were really really lovely too, I even left a tip and they usually have to cartwheel between the tables before I leave a tip so that shows how nice they were.

Overall would recommend staying here. It was about 4 miles from Dunham Massey and 8ish miles from Tatton Park, both places we visited with our National Trust passes. We paid £55 saver rate for the room on a Sunday night/

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the road side of the hotel.
Bristol
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Nice, friendly hotel. Good service. Good location for trips into Manchester. Bar staff very friendly. Excellent menu choice in the restaurant . Rooms were clean & comfortable.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 515Jackie33
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We were coming up for a football game at Manchester United and friends suggested my partner and I overnight at this hotel rather than have the long drive back straight after the match. It is far cheaper than the City Centre hotels and you can get a return journey by tram from Altringham into Old Trafford and Manchester Picadilly (for those who prefer shopping to football!) and it takes about 20 minutes. Usual Premier Inn good service, but we were in an older part of the building (probably a former attic!) and after using the lift to the second floor had then to clamber up and down a flight of stairs to get to our room. The bedroom, however, was clean and comfortable and had a fully equipped shower room. All in all, very handy for the City Centre, Salford Quays, the Lowry Museum and theatre complex and the Imperial War Museum North and I assume lots of other attractions.

Room Tip: Try for a room on the 1st or 2nd floor where you can use the lift and not have further stairs to cla...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bill P
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The room was very pokey room; the worst Permier Inn I have experienced. The car park was insecure and was shared with other parkers and you need to display a special sticker. I had to ask for a towel for second guest. The communal areas looked "tired"

1 Thank Roger O
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Manchester Altrincham Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.
Conwy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Good hotel, nice helpful staff on reception. Had a great nights sleep ready for our holiday following morning.
We did change rooms as we were over the hotel air conditioning. But this was not a problem for the staff member who went out of his way to ensure we had a good nights sleep.
Good location for getting to Manchester Airport it only takes about 15minutes and that was at busy early morning traffic.
Had a meal at the hotels restaurant very basic nothing fancy. Staff friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GaynorE18
Sasha D, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Altrincham Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and leaving your feedback. I am so sorry for the issues you experienced but glad the team were able to resolve your problem and you were happy as a result. I hope you have a fantastic holiday.

We hope to welcome you back here in the near future.

Kind Regards
jamesandrews789
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is the best value place in Manchester in my opinion. We always stay there when visiting, with our 3 kids (5, 3 and 1 - we can all share 1 room).

First the negatives:

It's not glamorous and looks pretty industrial from the outside.
Parking is cramped.
Lots of stairs to family room.

And now the good:

The rooms are perfectly good - there's tea and coffee, no real luxury but nothing missing that you need.
Breakfasts are cheap and pretty good, although food is not brilliant quality it is good considering the price.
It adjoins a pretty god pub.
Staff are really fantastic; could not be friendlier or more helpful. We make a real mess with the 3 kids at breakfast and they are very good about it.
Location is good, very near the centre of Altrincham.

Overall, we love it. We like to travel on a budget but appreciate good service and cleanliness so is ideal for our needs.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank James A
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments regrdaing your recent visit here.
Im glad to hear that you always enjoy your stay with us and I will pass your kind words on regarding the team and their fantastic service.
We do have a lift located on the ground floor which leads up to the family rooms and if you ever need a hand with your luggage on arrival we are always happy to help.

Hope to see you soon

Kind Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Altrincham
Best Western Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel
Travelodge Altrincham Central
Mercure Altrincham Bowdon Hotel
The Normanhurst Hotel and Restaurant
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North

Been to Premier Inn Manchester Altrincham Hotel? Share your experiences!