“anniversary dinner”

Description: info@cocositaliancafe.co.uk TEL: 0161 928 2303
Altrincham, United Kingdom
“anniversary dinner”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

As our first choice of restaurant was closed decided to finally try coco's , somewhere we had been intended to try having heard excellent reports Starters arrived but not the the ones we had chosen. When presented with the bill we found this to be incorrect(main course charged twice) after another attempt extra drinks appeared on the bill. Whilst food portions generous and tasty the errors were cause for concern especially as they were not busy. I wonder what verrors they make when busy. Plenty of staff around. Unfortunately we will not be rushing back, a shame really as it is in easy walking distance from home. We also noticed table next to us having problems also!!!! Only two other tables had customers worrying really

Visited May 2014
1 Thank jayne w

“Worth a visit.”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We were looking for somewhere to eat for my husbands birthday. There were some good reviews on trip advisor so we thought we would give it ago.

Our starters were good, my husband had meatballs which has says were very nice. I had the calamari which was well cooked inside but I was not too convinced by the batter.
For our main courses my husband tried the duck farfelle which he really enjoyed I tried this too and was impressed the ruce sauce complemented the flavoursome duck. My main course was Pollo salmone which again was beautifully cooked. The chicken breast towered over the rest of the plate! I had unfortunately not realised the amount of sauce that would come with it and so ordered a salad which didn't really match. It would perhaps have been helpful if this would have been suggested to me when ordering?
My brother in law just had the duck pizza which he demolished within 10 mins and so I conclude that he throughly enjoyed it.

So generally very good BUT the bee in the bonet was the fire alarm which must have gone off about 4 times! Resulting in diners leaping into the air and chocking on food! Once, even twice would be fine. But not four times!

So ears ringing, stomachs content I recommend a visit.

Manchester
“Another fab meal”
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Took a friend for her first visit. As usual, greeting and service friendly and professional, food was superb, wine good value and very nice, altogether a super restaurant

• Visited May 2014
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Great Italian Well Worth A Try”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

After a strenuous Bank Holiday weekend in the garden I thought it would be nice to enjoy our tea out, which brought up the usual dialogue between our family.. "what do you fancy?" I knew I wanted somewhere local, but not a curry and fortunately remembered a good meal we had at Coco's a good while ago.
We all opted for starters as well as mains as we (well I was being greedy really) were extremely hungry. bruschetta, ribs, chilli prawns were all fabulous, the bruschetta has got to be one of the best around. I was so hungry I even ordered a plain garlic pizza bread, which again really crispy, tasty and not swimming with garlic butter like many places tend to do.
Mains were all pasta dishes including duck farfalle, squid ink seafood and crab linguini, again all very tasty and well cooked and all good sized portions.
The bill with a couple rounds of drinks was around 25 per head so not a cheap evening meal but compared to its competition around Hale village and Hale Barns (I'm referring to Piccolinos and San Carlo's respectively) its great value! The service was spot on and it was fairly packed on a bank holiday Monday as early as 5pm. Give this one a go its fantastico!

• Visited May 2014
Altrincham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic service, atmosphere, decor and food!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Coco's has created a beautiful restaurant that has style and class yet is perfectly balanced between formality and informality. The decor is special and the music joyful and in perfect keeping with an Italian venue. Excellent service. Very good menu with a choice of the light bite lunch menu but with the full A La Carte available too. I had the meatballs with pasta, really good, and my colleague who regularly eats here had his favourite pasta with a plump piece of chicken with a creamy cheese sauce. The garlic brad was light and full of flavour.

It is a perfect venue for business, friends, families and couples.

• Visited April 2014