“A little Gem”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 November 2013

1st time to this restaurant last Fri evening, came across it and went in and they were able to accomdate us, although we hadnt booked, but this was due to the early time of 6.30pm, after that the restaurant was booked all evening so i suggest you will need to book a table in advance.
We had the early bird menu myself, husband & 12 year old daughter.

Food & service was excellent and the resaurant had a lovely, relaxing, family run atmosphere and the staff were very attentive and the owner came I spoke to all his customers throughout the evening and he came & said goodnight to all his customers & got the ladies there coats etc & thanked you for coming

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I eat out a lot with my family and this is by far the best restaurant I have been to. The staff & owner are so friendly every time we go. The food is always excellent & piping hot when it comes out. I've tried most things on the menu and have never been disappointed. They cater well for children too and they are always made to feel welcome which I think is important.

My tip - the tagliatelle gamberoni is divine although my husbands favourite is the Lasagne. Also baileys cheesecake for dessert but this goes fast so get our order in quickly.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

One of my favourite restaurants in the area, though not the cheapest: 3 courses 2 people 1 bottle house wine £67.
The quality of the food, both the set menu and the "Specials" board. The Fegatini di Pollo was delicious - extra bread to ensure every drop of the sauce was a must, The Gamberoni al Aglio were succulent and plentiful. The Filletto Little Italy, medium rare was done EXACTLY medium rare, and the Gamberoni main course - with shallots and asparagus in tomato and cream sauce were exquisite. Apparently "thin chips" are the most popular and what they usually serve, but when we commented we were offered "fat" chips in exchange, no question (but we were too busy tucking in!)
Managed to find room for dessert as well - the special - "Apple custard with strawberries" (the chef proudly told us "the apples are from my garden") was an appetisingly chaotic plateful, sharp and sweet, and the creme caramel - a favourite was home made and up to the usual standard.
Service, friendly, fast (but not rushed)

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We have visited Little Italy many times over the years but were disappointed in the food quality and sadly won't be returning unless we hear better reports. A great atmosphere and good service if a little quick.... the bill was £80 for 2 so not cheap but food was distinctly average, paying this price you expect a certain level of quality...I could have cooked better myself at home and that's not what I look for in a restaurant! The oven baked starter was soggy and wet and had only ever seen a microwave oven, the main was over cooked and the wine average. I love our local village having a thriving restaurant but I feel unless they improve their standards of food they will lose custom...Come on Little Italy sort out your food!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

The pasta sold this place to us - the spagettie carbonara was amazing and whoever made it understands food and flavours. The pasta is five stars, everything else is a good solid average..so I've split the difference and given it four. The starters were fine and the service ok though not all that friendly; it was also on the pricey side though not TOO expensive..like I said, worth it if you have a craving for a good bowl of pasta!