“Shocking Service - So Bad!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Little Italy

Little Italy
Ranked #12 of 170 Restaurants in Altrincham
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Shocking Service - So Bad!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our family recently went to Little Italy to celebrate a birthday. I'd rung up almost a week previously to book a table for 6:30pm. However, when we turned up at the restaurant we couldn't believe how rude the waitresses were. No "Hello, how are you? May I take your coat?" here - we were met with "You'll have to be finished by 8:30 as we need the table." I replied that I didn't know how long we were going to be as we didn't want to rush. However, all through the meal we were constantly being watched and rushed. The waitress spilt a drink over our table and proceeded to mop it up with my husbands napkin but no replacement or apology was given. The food was nice, although don't order mussels for starters as over half were empty shells. We told the waitress when she collected the plates and she just said "oh." We could have eaten quicker but we had 2 children with us whose food was mad hot when it arrived and so they had to wait 15 minutes for it to cool down before they could start. To top it all off, as soon as we put our spoons down from dessert, our dishes were cleared away and our bill was brought to our table - without us even asking for it! Talk about not feeling welcome!!! We were going to order coffees and linger awhile but we had quite obviously outstayed our welcome!
We spoke to the owner/manager and explained why we were unhappy with our experience at Little Italy. He simply said that when you book a table on a Friday or Saturday night, you are booking a 2 hour time slot and must leave after this time, ready for the next diners. I explained that this was not mentioned when I booked the table and we had felt rushed and made to feel extremely unwelcome. He didn't seem to care - he just wanted us out of there, so he could get more money from the next diners. When we left, there weren't even people waiting for a table.
I certainly would not recommend going here for a nice leisurely meal with your family, especially if you have children, who might take longer to decide what to order and to eat their meal. We spent almost £100, so its not cheap. There are certainly nicer places to eat around Altrincham, so we definitely won't be going back to Little Italy.

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Carol S

West Timperley, United Kingdom
“Don't complain, they don't like it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I had the chicken livers sautéed with onions, chillies & red wine served on a bed of leaves. What I got was all of the above but served in a hot watery soup. Needless to say, the salad was wet, warm and limp. Tasted awful. When I approached the waiter, who I believe is one of the owners, he was quite rude and said that that was how it was supposed to be and snatched the plate away. The livers were so overcooked. Probably because they had been sat in a hot broth for several minutes. In his mind, if you don't like it then you shouldn't have ordered it because that's how it's done, or perhaps that's how Little Italy does it and for me, it was awful.
For main, I had the sirloin steak with a pepper sauce. The steak was done to perfection and the sauce was sublime, perhaps a tad too peppery for my liking but that's my personal choice. Still good. The vegetable and potato portions were extremely generous.
This restaurant is such a nice place to eat. Great atmosphere, cosy and welcoming but the for me, the waiters attitude let it down.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank panda11079
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great little restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Looking for somewhere to go last minute on a bank holiday afternoon and thought we'd try Little Italy as we hadn't been for a while.
We were a bit concerned we wouldn't get in and were pleasantly surprised when they said we could have a table in 45 minutes.
We arrived on time and were shown straight to the table.
We were given a bit of time to study the excellent choices available on the menu as well as the good selection on the Specials board.
We were certainly not disappointed. The starters arrived quickly and were first class.
The main courses were just as good when they arrived - the portions were very generous, so much so, that we ended up taking some home with us.
The desserts looked very good but sadly, we were too full to try them.
All in all, a very nice visit, pleasant atmosphere, superb service and very reasonably priced.
Very happy to recommend a visit.

• Visited April 2014
manchester
“very nice authentic Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Have visited a few times and always had a lovely meal...service is great and the owner is very friendly and makes you feel welcome.
Would like to see a crab or lobster dish on the menu but that's just my personal preference.
highly recommend.

• Visited March 2014
Kent, United Kingdom
“Very serviceable little place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Reasonably priced place, with pretty decent quality food. A little dated in terms of decor perhaps, but they tried hard and were pleasant and attentive. Ice cream was regular fare and wouldn't win any prizes...in fact I doubt any of the menu would but that's not to say we didn't lave full and satisfied.

Visited April 2014