“Brilliant night...”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Altrincham
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Brilliant night...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

I attended the Abba tribute night at the Cresta Court Hotel last night, and we all had a great evening.

The bar staff on duty were excellent, in particularly one named 'Richard' - a more pleasant and charming man, you could not wish to meet.

It was also one of the best tribute bands that I have been too. Alot more interaction that just standing up and singing. The bar prices were quite expensive, but this is to be expected in a hotel.

A thoroughly enjoyable night - despite this mornings hangover!

Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
PaulHindley, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your very positive comments regarding your recent “Brilliant night” I have passed on your kind comments to Richard, thank you. Remember you can keep up to date with forthcoming events on Facebook & Twitter.

I look forward to seeing you back in the hotel soon

Paul Hindley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

This hotel is very clean rooms are very nice and comfy the staff are very friendly and helpfull would come back again and again we ordered room service it arrived very quickly and was very nice and good quality there is free shuttle bus to the airport 24 hours which is very helpfull and there is free wifi too.

Room Tip: Try and get one away from the lift
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Sean O
PaulHindley, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive comments, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that when your return you will be able to stay longer – we have some great value family breaks available on the website, plus we will be starting a large scale refurbishment programme throughout the next few months, which will improve the Hotel dramatically.
Thanks for your great feedback once again.

london
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

Arriving late after a long journey from London, the check in process was efficient although monosyllabic. No problem with that though as pleased to get to my 3rd floor room - which on first glance was perfectly adequate. Bed on the small side (standard double?), but fine for 2 nights. Bathroom was clean with a decent size shower.

Trying to sleep was an entirely different story. Having read some of the earlier reviews I was prepared for the noise with earplugs (although you may still struggle as the walls and floors are very thin). Pillows - all four of them - are rock hard and reception don't have any alternatives which is strange for a hotel of this size. In other news my sheet didn't seem to fit the mattress either - maybe they changed the beds and kept the old sheets?

When it comes to food, Breakfast is fine - Roadside cafe fine, but fine - although not worth £8.50. However at least in a cafe you could order what you wanted. Here hot food is buffet style and your choice of eggs is fried or nothing. I asked for two boiled eggs - not possible. I realise they have a lot of football supporters for breakfast on a sunday, but they are only replenishing 7 hot things on a buffet, a boiled egg doesn't seem a lot to ask for.

My advice for lunch and dinnner would be "just don't" Service incompetent, Food arriving from the kitchen at variable times for our party, or not at all, and not matched to side dishes which invariably failed to arrive without asking at least twice.

Food itself I think is best described as 'cheap' and I imagine pre packaged in some form or other. If more than 50% of the menu was made from fresh ingredients from scratch I'd be amazed. In fact I'd demand to see the chef actually do it. There's a whole page of the 4 page menu dedicated to meet from local suppliers 'where possible', but no indication on the menu when and if this is the case.

Anyway, bring ear plugs, your own pillow, don't eat in the restaurant or the bar and make sure if you want a wake up call or paper in the morning you reconfirm every night of your stay and you'll be just fine. It's not the worst room i've stayed in for £60 a night but the overall experience was poor.

PS. Kudos to the red haired waiter on Saturday night who was genuinely trying to help and did it with a smile. A marked contrast to the hapless restaurant manager and the other waiter who was completely disinterested, disengaged and genuinely rude.

Room Tip: I would get a room on the top floor at the end of a corridor if possible - might be a touch quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank asifby
Dear Guest

Thank you for your detailed feedback and I hope you will accept my apologies that your stay was not more positive. I have investigated your comments and would like to explain my actions to ensure that this experience isn’t repeated in the future.

With regards to the beds, we currently offer some rooms with small double beds and some with standards double beds, however, during the Hotel’s extensive refurbishment (planned to start in the next few months) our Head Housekeeper, Carol is reviewing both the size and quality of all the beds, replacing beds, bedding and pillows to ensure that you have a restful and comfortable night’s sleep.

Further to your comments regarding the bedding and the pillows being unsuitable, we do have a stock of alternative pillows, but perhaps we need to make this better known. As mentioned before, part of our refurbishment will include brand new bedding all round, so we hope that the problems you experienced should not be repeated.

Your experience at breakfast was not an acceptable one. Guests requesting a boiled egg should indeed be served with a boiled egg. I have discussed with my breakfast supervisor, Agnes, and we have re-communicated our standards to the service team. In addition, as part of the refurbishment changes I am working with our Chef, Mark, to develop an improved breakfast offering which highlights more of our local produce and local suppliers, but also offers more egg styles as a standard breakfast item and many more “cook to order” choices.

Please accept our apologies for your experience at dinner. On the evening in question we were much busier than usual, your group had requested to eat from two separate menus and in hindsight this proved to be a little more difficult than we imagined. I appreciate your positive comments about the red haired waiter.

Clearly your experience of the hotel was not as I would have liked, but the team of people who have been involved in looking at the issues you raised, are committed to raising our standard for every guest. Should you decide to stay with us in the near future, please contact me directly and I will arrange for a complimentary upgrade.

Paul Hindley

Travellers are raving about these Altrincham hotels

Cardiff, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

Older style hotel which was clean if a little dated. The furniture was cheap & nasty & looked as though it had been there since the 70s. Also the lamps on the walls were brass candle like things that were fashionable once 30 years ago!
Breakfast was the usual selection of hot and cold items. Paid £8.50 for it which in my opinion was a little over priced.
The hotels caters for large groups, parties & weddings.When I was staying people were talking and arguing until 5am and with the thin walls I could hear nearly every word of it!
Having said all that lots of parking and a 10 minute walk into the town for quick links to Old Trafford & Manchester. ( £4.90 for a metrolink day ticket. Trams every 10 minutes). The train station area is very scruffy. Go up one of the side streets and you come to the main shopping area which is a lot nicer.There's a Wetherspoons & Slug & Lettuce in the town as well as a newish Frankie & Benny's by the cinema complex.
The hotel served its purpose as a stop over for the night & as the price was very reasonable overall as i was happy with my stay. Wouldn't stay there again though!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments. I agree that the Hotel is well located for a Metrolink ride to Manchester, Old Trafford, The Lowry and other attractions. Altrincham itself has some fabulous independent shops and restaurants to try, plus is undergoing a large scale regeneration so is only set to get better.

With regards to the Hotel looking & feeling dated, I agree that it needs some TLC. And, it is going to receive this in the next month or so with a full refurbishment plan to improve the interior dramatically. One of the issues we are currently addressing is that of noise transference between rooms, and I hope to have more concrete information on how this will be improving as the plans are finalised. I would hope that you will stay again at the Hotel once the refurbishment is completed, so that you can experience for yourself the improvements we have made.

Jarrow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

Stayed here the night before our flight to The Gambia, check in was efficient and friendly, the room was clean and comfortable. Our transfer to and from the airport was included for £67 as well as parking for a week ... What a deal!!! We would definitely recommend this hotel for an overnight stay.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Anne M
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your kind comments and my team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your room and your stay at the Hotel. I have passed your feedback regards check-in to Liz Royle, reception manager, and her team and they say a huge thank you!

We hope to continue to offer great value deals once the Hotel refurbishment is complete in the autumn, so please do stay with us again.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed for the night to see a concert at the MEN. Location is good for the metrolink, approx 10 min walk.
Room was basic, everything seemed dated from the shower to the old hair dryer. Very hard mattress and paper thin walls. Could hear the guests upstairs visiting the bathroom during the night!
Service was ok, nothing special. Wouldn't stay here again, but then considering the low rate we paid, wasn't expecting a lot.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Maddy87uk
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit. I was delighted that you appreciated the great hotel location, but also concerned regards your comments on the Hotel being dated and issues with the bedroom. We are working to improve on all the issues you faced but on behalf of the Hotel team, want to offer our apologies.

The Hotel is about to undergo a full refurbishment plan to improve the interior and also look at how we can minimise noise transference between rooms, and I hope to have more substantial information on how this will be improving as the plans are finalised in the next month or so. Would you like me to send you further information on how we will be addressing the noise issue you faced when I have this? Part of the plan is to work with our head housekeeper, Carol to replace all beds and bedding so that you get a much improved night’s sleep. We will also be investing much energy into taking our enthusiastic team to the next level in service standards, though a programme of support and training.
Please contact me directly should you decide to return to the Hotel in the autumn, after the refurbishment, so that you can experience the improvements we have made first hand.

Paul Hindley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Altrincham
Premier Inn Manchester Altrincham Hotel
Mercure Altrincham Bowdon Hotel
The Normanhurst Hotel and Restaurant
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport

Been to BEST WESTERN Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel? Share your experiences!