Best Western Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Altrincham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Pontefract, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2014

My wife and I chose to stay at the Cresta Court as we had booked an early morning flight from Manchester airport. We arrived about 3 pm.and were welcomed by a very pleasant receptionist. We were immediately impressed by the clean and smart appearance of this modern hotel.Our room on the first floor was clean and comfortable and ideal for our overnight stay.As the hotel was situated in a good location for the town centre we decided to take a walk around the town and had a meal in a fast food restaurant and had a drink in the hotel bar on our return.We booked an early morning call and arranged our places on the courtesy shuttle bus which is provided by the hotel and departs hourly on the half hour.We retired early and had a peaceful nights rest.Our call and shuttle were right on time and we arrived at the airport fifteen minutes later feeling really refreshed.I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone flying from Manchester or perhaps just visiting Altrincham.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Goron58
PaulHindley, General Manager at Best Western Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you thought we were “excellent” and that we suited your needs. I was particularly pleased to learn that you were impressed by our recent refurbishment and that the shuttle bus provided an efficient service.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed here Christmas Eve night as we was flying out of Manchester on Xmas day, we arrived very early as was going shopping at the Trafford centre, and they let us go straight to our room, it was HUGE would have slept 6 people. Staff very friendly, Hannah was so helpful with information and directions. We left our car here while we was away, no problems at all. They even got us a cab to and from the airport all included in the price. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review. Excellent room and service, friendly helpful staff – what a fantastic review, thank you. I have shared your comments with the team who were delighted to hear that you would stay with us again.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you fly from Manchester airport

manchester
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Stayed at the cresta court for a wedding on 28/12/13. Was serpriesd to be asked for I.D at check in to pay in cash. Stayed in a twin room which had everything needed to have a confortable stay. Bar area was nice and relaxed and very modern.. Wedding and reception was ran so well by adeal the duty manager who did a fantastic job.. Would defo hold another event here in the future.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank MRNEWSHAM
PaulHindley, General Manager at Best Western Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that Adele expedited the wedding and reception so well, I will be sure to pass on your kind comments.

I am especially pleased to learn that you would hold another event in the future and Adele and I look forward to welcoming you back.

London
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I stay here a lot on business - twice a month at least. It's great value and close to the station. Currently undergoing a refurb with a lovely contemporary reception and bar area, rooms to follow. I usually stay in an executive room as they are nice and big with a table and sofa to relax at, rather than just a bed. Makes a big difference when staying for more than one night.

I've eaten at the bar once and the restaurant once and both times I was disappointed. Bar food has too small a choice, same with the restaurant. The latter was virtually deserted and the food was at best average. They could do so much more with the restaurant and bar food.

However the rooms are coming on nicely and are comfortable and clean. Reception staff are lovely and always remember me. For the cost (£67.50 for a superior room - room only) it is very good value.

I agree that there is sometimes a problem with noise in the corridors and they would do well to place some prominent signs in the corridors reminding all guests to keep their voices down and not slam their doors.

Room Tip: Stretch to a superior room which has tons more space.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank cherryblossomfeet
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am pleased that you have found the refurbishment successful, it certainly looks fantastic.

I am sorry to hear that the food element of your stay was disappointing. We have recently changed the menu in both the bar and restaurant. We take all of our customer comments seriously and I will raise these with my senior team. Scott McDonald, my deputy manager would be pleased to meet with you to discuss these issues in more detail the next time you stay.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We stayed here for three nights whilst visiting family in the area. Cresta Court is a good basic 3 star hotel. The standard rooms are small so choose a superior room which is spacious. We had room 230 with a four poster. The shower is over the bath and the towels are fluffy and very white. Shampoo and shower gel are provided. There were a lot of Christmas parties going on in the function rooms whilst we stayed but we could not hear them from our room on the second floor at the side of the hotel . Ask for a room away from the main road. Since we were last here the foyer has been modernised with a large seating area and bar. The staff are very pleasant and helpful. The buffet breakfast is very good and you can order other items from the kitchen such as poached eggs. We would stay here again in a superior room but not in a standard room.

Room Tip: Superior rooms are a good size but the standard rooms are very small but okay for a one night stay.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Diana M
Dear Guest
I am delighted with your recent review, thanks you for your very positive comments and your kiund remarks regarding the staff.

I am pleased that some of the simpler touches made a difference for you, the fluffy towels and the choice at breakfast.

I hope that other travellers find your review helpful. The team and I look forward to seeing you soon.

Paul Hindley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Altrincham
Premier Inn Manchester Altrincham Hotel
Mercure Altrincham Bowdon Hotel
The Normanhurst Hotel and Restaurant
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport

Been to Best Western Manchester Altrincham Cresta Court Hotel? Share your experiences!