“Unbelievable Value For Money;”

Hare and Hounds pub
Ranked #86 of 207 Restaurants in Altrincham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Just visited (yet again) for our Tea (having repairs at home and wanted to be out of the way).
We both had the normal Carvery for 3-99 !!.......Super choice of 3 Meats...Beef/Turkey Crown/Gammon, have a little of each if you wish......plus Yorkshire stuffing balls choice of 5 veg + roast and boiled potatoes....All sauces and lashings of gravy......How can you fault.......Everything was hot and fresh....Just what is there not to like ?.......What do some people want....but then again this is REAL Food...not processed c--p.........We will defo be back.

1  Thank catsandkittens

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The carvery is not as good as it used to be, The slices of meat are thinner than they used to be and the vegetables are a little on the hard side. The people serving the meals do not seem very cheerful.

2  Thank Sharon D
Taverners T, Manager at Hare and Hounds pub, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your visit to The Hare and Hounds – Taverners, Timperley.

Please accept my sincere apologies and I am sorry that on this occasion our Carvery and customer service failed to meet your expectations.

All of our customers are important to us and we constantly strive to ensure our service and standards are of the best possible quality. Staff training is on going and I personally welcome any feedback to ensure that we can improve our business constantly and provide a positive and enjoyable experience for all visiting us.

I do hope that this occasion will not deter you from returning to the Hare and Hounds in the future as it is fantastic value and a great dining experience.

If you wish to contact me direct, on 0161 980 5299 or via our email hareandhounds.timperley@marstons.co.uk, and should you wish to make a return visit I will gladly deal with your booking personally and hope that we can show to you a more positive customer journey.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Carvery with choice of 3 meats and about 6 vegetables. Always fairly busy so vegetables are usually freshly cooked. All this for £3.99 Monday to Saturday and £6.99 Sunday. Kids eat for £1 Monday to Friday (including a free dessert) and £3.49 Sunday (again including a free dessert). There are other items on the menu for those who don't fancy a carvery. Desserts are £1.95 to £2.95. Bottles of wine start at £7.95. Not Cordon Bleu but excellent value for money.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Not exactly what I would call nice! Says it all!!
Atmosphere dreadful. At £6.99 on a sunday I'd rather go to mcdonalds!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

If you like a carvery then this is the place to go! We take our elderly mum and aunt to this place every month and have done so for the last 3 years and it is always the same - £3.99 for a good value simple carvery well cooked and nice and fresh. I assume because of it's popularity the venue is able to keep the prices down. There are plenty of other items on the menu if you do not want the carvery and the puddings are nice too. The bar is well stocked and reasonably priced and the staff are nice too. We will continue going..................

1  Thank Mo L