“Good rink & entertaining team”

Silver Blades Ice Rink
Altrincham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good rink & entertaining team”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I've been here a few times since moving to the area to see the Manchester Phoenix Team, and there's no doubting it's a better venue than the Solway Sharks play in in Dumfries! The officials could do with being a little more sharp-eyed - my only criticism. The hotdogs are ace and bar prices are fair. View is good and the rink is well maintained. Staff are nice but the mascot freaks me out a little.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank TimperleyMagpie

Altrincham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Simply a rip-off”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

£35 for a family of 4 even with a £5 off voucher!!! HOW MUCH???!!!
We have our own skates, but no discount for that...
I think the price for a family of 4 is crazy. I was told that I could have saved £6 had I joined their 'ice card' scheme. Apparently it's free to join, but they don't let you sign up at the rink, so they just fleece you for an extra £6 and it's 'better luck next time'!

Looking at the 'ice card' scheme, it also leaves a bad taste in the mouth. As of December 2013 they have simply raised their already high prices by a further £1.50 per head and then this is 'discounted' back to what we would have paid prior to December if we'd had a card...

So the benefit of our £5 voucher was wiped out because we failed to register an ice card prior to our visit and so we're penalised to the tune of £6...

Every time I've been to this place, I come away feeling I've been financially abused. It's great having a rink nearby, but these prices are ridiculous.

I would love to take my kids more regularly, but at £35 a pop, it's just not realistic.

Deeside Leisure centre near Chester have a family ticket for £18.60. Come on Altrincham - give families a break and offer a more reasonable deal!

Visited December 2013
3 Thank B C
Altrincham, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good facilities”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Well worth a visit. The facilities are excellent. Try to avoid peak times as it could be quite crowded. My grandchildren love it.

Visited July 2013
Bushmills, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Wow”
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Loved it! Had an amazing time ice skating bringing back memories off when I used to go when I was younger! Helping my niece along! She didn't want to leave!!

Visited October 2013
Warrington, United Kingdom
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“lots of tatty youths”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Straight forward slightly run down ice rink. Main issue was all the scales hanging around outside at the time. Frightened our kid swho won't go back, depriving us of a future olympic ice skater.

Visited December 2012