“Wonderful surprise!”
Review of Mort Subite

Mort Subite
Ranked #1 of 7 Nightlife in Altrincham
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We were going to Altrincham anyway and looking online for somewhere to get a drink before dinner. Spotted this little gem. Had to give it a try! Down some steps, through a doorway and peek behind a heavy curtain, and there's this atmospheric little table-lit bar, warm welcome, waitress service only, and fabulous selection of beers and lagers. Only had time for one (sadly), can't remember the name, but it was 10%!! Like dark nectar! A bob or 2 more than you'll pay in your local, but hey... All I can say is, go out of your way to visit.

2  Thank Matanuska233
There are newer reviews for Mort Subite

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I have been meaning to go to this bar for quite some time. I visited the shop and was told about this place. I can only say that it exceeded my expectation. I was with 3 ale drinkers who all know what they are waffling about and it got an utter thumbs up!

1  Thank Issymiss
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Myself and a work colleague were in Altrincham on a course.
In the evenings we found what I can only describe as the best bar I have ever attended.
The ambience, decor, staff and beer selection were all first class and a credit to the owner.
Given the vast selection of beers available, the waitresses always had the ability to provide an in depth describiption, allowing you to make appropriate choices.
Im now a convert of that little pink elephant - Delerium tremens!!!
I have recommended the bar to all my friends and colleagues and will try and make a regular pilgrimage over the penines

1  Thank Mark H
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We went here for a quick drink before dinner but stayed longer than expected!
The welcome was warm by the owner as well as the very knowledgeable waitresses who gave excellent advise. The choice of beer was overwhelming and we spent some time sampling. I would recommend trying one of the platters. We tried the meat and cheese and it was lovely.
The atmosphere was great and difficult to describe - I would advise everybody to get down there and give it a try!

1  Thank Janny20
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Go down the stairs to enter this Bar and you will be greeted by one of the very charming and efficient waitresses.. Take a seat at your table, take in the very laid-back atmosphere and then take time to peruse the extensive drinks menu. I can honestly say that I have never seen such a fantastic selection of beers on offer anywhere in this country. Beers from the UK, Germany etc and of course lots from the beer drinking capital of Europe - Beligium. All brought to your candle-lit table, with free "nibbles", for you to enjoy at your leisure!

2  Thank Phil T