“Never disappoints”

Oxford Road Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Have been going here now for nearly 3 years and feel bad I am only just doing a review - better late than never

Had a variety of different meals from breakfasts both veg and non veg, lunch - club sandwich, special fried chicken wrap, salads, burrito etc and can honestly say it never disappoints
Food is consistently good, the bacon is the tastiest I have ever had and is apparently locally sourced

When they changed the menu and increased the variety I did think that the quality would suffer but I was proven totally wrong

Small cafe, busy at weekends and may have a little wait but it is definitely worth it
Located in a town renowned for good food and to be consistently busy speaks for itself

They also now serve bundaberg ginger beer which is another bonus

Still waiting on the smoothies but with excellent coffee I will survive

Service is friendly and efficient and the staff are all a credit to the place

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We were recommended this cafe whilst visiting family in the area and popped in for brunch before hitting the motorway back to Essex. The breakfasts are lovely and you can mix and match what items you want. Extensive choice from full English to scrambled eggs with spinach, smoked salmon or mushrooms. Served all day which is great as we generally miss breakfast if it stops at 11.30. This is now our last stop before we hit the road whenever we visit.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

A tiny place that has consistently served good food. The menu is quite limited, but that's fine as I prefer that with quality tasty food, than 100 dishes that are mediocre. Great place if you are on your own as there is a window bench where you can watch the world go by whilst you tuck in.

1  Thank holidayqueen21
Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

this cafe has great food, great staff, a buzzing and family friendly atmosphere. No complaints here :)

1  Thank melhuey
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I work nearby and placed a lunch order to pick up, ordering a chicken and bacon caesar salad and an omelette for my friend.
My salad was DIVINE - it is meant to come with cos lettuce but I asked for mixed leaves and they were more than accommodating. It came with proper chicken breast slices, crispy bacon, a fresh poached egg, parmesan shavings and caesar dressing.
It was the best chicken caesar salad I have ever tasted! It was so fresh I could just not fault it!

My friend's omelette was just as great too..

Unfortunately they don't accept cards and I had no cash on me at the time, but the very trusting and friendly man said "Oh its fine, just come back when you can!" ... and of course I certainly will be!!

1  Thank EKA90