“The best cafe in Altrincham”
Review of Oxford Road Cafe

Oxford Road Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best cafe in Altrincham”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

This cafe never fails to disappoint. I have been a regular for breakfast 1 day a week for the past 6 months, and I would not consider going anywhere else as I do not think that it can be beaten.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Transit225

“Amazing”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Have been going to this cafe for a few years and keep meaning to write a review

Best cafe by far the food never disappoints
When menu was changed about a year ago and so many new options were available I did feel that the quality may suffer but could not of been more wrong
Every meal I have tried ( there have been plenty) I cannot fault

Just wish it was open of an evening as would certainly rival the current restaurants

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank L0usi
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff, unique menu, good tea - everything a cafe should be!”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This is the best cafe I've found in Altrincham.

The prices are reasonable - I love that you can get anything from a cheap basic toast or porridge, or reasonably priced £2.50 sausage barm, or jacket potatoes (less than £4!), to exciting salads, burgers, burritos etc. The range of breakfasts is amazing - there are really imaginative variations on a 'full english', like the 'Stu special' which has salmon and asparagus etc. I also love the variations of Eggs Benedict you can order. They sell all the classics with their own unique twist. There's also a lovely selection of loose leaf teas.

It's the perfect place to go for brunch with friends, a cosy, jolly place. I'll be back!

• Visited November 2013
north-west england
“Lunch with the grandparents”
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

I visited this cafe with my toddler daughter and my parents. All 3 generations were very impressed. Food was lovely and a tiny bit different to the norm I think. We went at lunch time and didn't find it too busy although it was a rainy day. Service was very good, very friendly and chatty and engaged with my daughter. Food was reasonably priced for the quality, could not pay by card though!

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Lovely food but a bit too busy”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This was our first time at the Oxford Road Cafe after it was recommended by a friend. We arrived at about 1pm with a very friendly greeting and a shuffling of chairs to get us sitting. It was very busy and there was very little room left for anyone after us. It was perhaps a bit annoying that there were two "posh" women taking up a large table who must have been there chatting after finishing eating and drinking for several hours! The food was really good and quite inexpensive, although due to the numbers of customers it was a long time coming. We will certainly go again next time we're in Altrincham.

• Visited October 2013