“Just the best place in Altrincham for breakfast” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oxford Road Cafe

Oxford Road Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Just the best place in Altrincham for breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Have been a regular at this cafe for a couple of years. Service and food always top class. The cafe has just recently moved across the road to larger premises hence doubling its customer capacity. With such an increase service has suffered but knowing the owner this will be addressed and quickly. My recent visit confirmed my belief. Service was slick and attentive. Staff were very pleasant and the food offerings were just excellent. This cafe is a real plus for Altrincham and merits support. There's really nothing nicer than early morning breakfast cooked well,served with a smile and a browse through the morning papers.
Would highly recommend.

Visited March 2014

“Good Cafe - Long wait”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

went here last week was just ok! although it was very busy we got a table quite quick took a while for our order to be taken, we waited 30 mins for our drinks (coffee and a water) and waited over an hour for food had to ask if our order was misplaced or forgotten. The food was ok nothing i couldn't do myself at home. The staff here was very friendly although i felt sorry for them as there is hardly any space for them to walk around - one server spilled water all over the seats next to us, another tripped and dropped butter in my lap twice! another sever tripped over a customers bag as it really is a tight squeeze. Maybe if they move one of the tables out the middle it would feel less cramped and the staff wouldn't need to do acrobats when serving food.. oh and after all this we was told it was cash only cards was not accepted although there was no sign expressing this anywhere in the cafe - good job my partner had cash on him normally we only carry cards!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kayleigh H
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best cafe in Altrincham”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

This cafe never fails to disappoint. I have been a regular for breakfast 1 day a week for the past 6 months, and I would not consider going anywhere else as I do not think that it can be beaten.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Transit225
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Have been going to this cafe for a few years and keep meaning to write a review

Best cafe by far the food never disappoints
When menu was changed about a year ago and so many new options were available I did feel that the quality may suffer but could not of been more wrong
Every meal I have tried ( there have been plenty) I cannot fault

Just wish it was open of an evening as would certainly rival the current restaurants

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank L0usi
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff, unique menu, good tea - everything a cafe should be!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

This is the best cafe I've found in Altrincham.

The prices are reasonable - I love that you can get anything from a cheap basic toast or porridge, or reasonably priced £2.50 sausage barm, or jacket potatoes (less than £4!), to exciting salads, burgers, burritos etc. The range of breakfasts is amazing - there are really imaginative variations on a 'full english', like the 'Stu special' which has salmon and asparagus etc. I also love the variations of Eggs Benedict you can order. They sell all the classics with their own unique twist. There's also a lovely selection of loose leaf teas.

It's the perfect place to go for brunch with friends, a cosy, jolly place. I'll be back!

• Visited November 2013