We stayed a couple of nights in the Lodge, last weekend. I'm not sure why this place has such good reviews, perhaps the rest of Altrincham's hotel stock is underwhelming.
- The pub itself is lively, popular, actually very busy when we were there.
- The food is fairly standard pub fare, decently done. Not gourmet, but we enjoyed our meals.
- the staff were friendly and helpful, despite being run off their feet most of the time.
- Our room (411) was a good size and clean.
- spacious car park
- No lift
- The Lodge building is showing its age (1970s?); although they keep it clean, the window couldn't be shut once opened, and there were signs of need for maintenance - the shower curtain rail rusty, peeling paint here and there, and quite a dated style of decor.
- our mattress made strange loud twanging noises as we got in, though not once settled.
- The TV in the room was unwatchable; the aerial guy was there the next day trying to fix it, but apparently it's been a problem before
- They need more staff - they were barely coping with the amount of work they had to do (this was at a weekend).
Overall, fair value for money but not a place that I long to return to.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your The Bulls Head & Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bulls Head Hotel Altrincham
- The Bulls Head And Lodge
- The Bulls Head & Lodge Altrincham, Cheshire