“Good food, atmosphere and cost let it down on this occasion”
Review of Dilli Restaurant - CLOSED

Dilli Restaurant
Price range: US$20 - US$34
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Moved location. Please see http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/7180077 for more information
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I've eaten at Dilli many times as the food is fabulous and the vegetarian menu is particualry good. However on this occasion I did find it was lacking in atmosphere (Sunday night) and the bill was a bit of a surprise. It was a great meal though.

There are newer reviews for Dilli Restaurant

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We visited Dilli last night and unfortunately neither of us enjoyed the restaurant or the food!

From the off it was disappointing. Confusing menu, very slow service, popadoms and nan very greasy and although the main courses seemed quite authentic, the flavours were confused and overpowered by too much spice. The restaurant is tired looking, menus falling apart and the waiter forgot our starters - he then apologised to us for the delay but had obviously been for a smoke because he stank of fags!

Overall this feels like a restaurant that is trying to hard to be really authentic and special but hasn't even got the basics right and is falling very short of its target!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I recently spent a few days in altrincham,and was really looking forward to a good curry,a friend recommended dilli.we told the waiter to surprise us ,as we like most food,i requested nan bread with loads of chilli and garlic.it certainly did,nt disappoint.the staff were wonderful and very friendly,especially Pathak,who I discovered made the nan bread,best ever.would definitely recommend this restaurant,good prices as well.Ann (Tenerife)

Reviewed 31 March 2014

After a long time, we visitied the restaurant and the fodd was good as usual. My wife and son were vegeterians and they loved the food as much as I loved it. Would love to visit again.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

My son and his girlfriend went there on Thursday last and were very, very disappointed indeed. The service was appalling and the food wasn't good either. As seems to be the case these days a restaurant starts off well gains a good reputation and then let things slide. Come you lot get your act together and start again. Double Tree up the road, which is very good, must be laughing their socks off. No way I'll be going again and neither will my son. Future patrons be very wary.